• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Actually the ammo isn't that bad if you reload it and use surplus components. He said he can load it under $1.50 a round. My 17 fireball is almost that much for factory ammo.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I would want to be wearing my PASGT helmet when firing that thing to help protect against the blast :eek: We always wore our vest and helmets when firing for training purposes. That .50 is like an small cannon!

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    did the glass hold zero ok? what kinda groups were you able to achieve? what was distance to target?

looks like you had a blast!

wonder if i'd be able to talk the wife into letting me buy one?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Could you maybe describe how this upper works? It looks like a bolt action, but tactilite.com's web site instructs one to remove the buffer when installing their upper. I'm wondering why? Oh, and what barrel length was that?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It had just a cheap scope on it I believe. It seemed to hold zero pretty well. I got 1 - 1.5" groups out of it at 100 yards just using the smooth bottom bipod feet on a wood shooting bench. On a real rest, I think it could do pretty good. The farthest we shot it out to was 500 yards. The scope was still a little low but after that many rounds, we called it a day.

It is a single shot bolt action upper. The reason you remove the buffer is so the bolt can go back in the buffer tube to load the rounds. There is no magazine. The bottom of the upper is just a trough basically to lay the round in and chamber it by closing the bolt. The bolt actually has an ejector to throw the fired case out as well. You also have to remove the mag release as the upper receiver is too wide and the mag release is in the way.

I believe the barrel is either 22 or 24". You can get different lengths.

It is definitely a fun gun to shoot. I believe these things are capable of pretty good accuracy with a good shooter and good components. We were using pulled military powder and bullets so you can only expect so much.

Top Bottom