0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    OK, so I own livestock, fenced, on my property and because others might be irresponsible and have access to social media I am to buy pepper ball guns, have extra fencing, wear a video camera at all times, have every type of agency on my smart phone, kept on me at all times..............or I'm to be of fault?

I never said anyone was at fault. I just said that with the way things are today, one might want to consider the backlash for taking a specific course of action. The deer farmer had the law on his side to do what he did. I strongly support a property owners rights, and I wouldn't be supporting a law changing. That being said, I also support a person's right to freedom of speech and association. I don't consider it irresponsible if someone chooses to voice their displeasure to a business who is connected with someone they disagree with. Threats are completely out-of-line, but if others choose to voice their support or displeasure to others over their connection with the deer farmers business, they have that right. If these people decide to stop dealing or associating with the deer farmer, such is life. Actions, even good and legal ones, have consequences.

I can't type what I really want to say.

Do you think others are allowed to have an opinion on an incident just because the authorities say that they feel it was within the confines of the law?

The lack of logic.... and other on the FB posts...............

I wish more people would reach a certain point of stupidity and then spontaneously combust.
    Talk about some global warming!

Damn that first amendment and free speech!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I took a quick glance at the article and fb page and there is NO information one way or the other stating why he has caged deer. You sir, et al, made a huge assumption yourselves that he Isn't raising them to cage hunt just as I did when I said "probably". To quote you, "Liberal tactics at their best". Funny how when someone who does it but supports your side is righteous but when someone who does it that doesn't support your side is a "liberal". I made a statement regarding canned hunting, it's an opinion. If my opinion so offends you well, oops, I've already gotten over it! I'm not ashamed for you, I'm used to it by now.:runaway::lmfao:

My purple is broke, dude. Why the guy has deer in a cage seemed kind of immaterial to the thread. If it's legal and he abides by the rules, why are you butthurt about it? And why are you changing the subject to canned hunts-vs-dog owners responsibility.

I think people who participate in canned hunts miss the point of hunting too, but it isn't my business if it's legal and they choose to do it. It doesn't hurt me. And it isn't pertinent to the thread.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My purple is broke, dude. Why the guy has deer in a cage seemed kind of immaterial to the thread. If it's legal and he abides by the rules, why are you butthurt about it? And why are you changing the subject to canned hunts-vs-dog owners responsibility.

I think people who participate in canned hunts miss the point of hunting too, but it isn't my business if it's legal and they choose to do it. It doesn't hurt me. And it isn't pertinent to the thread.

See post 99 to see why he has caged deer. Its whats left of his website since the SJW's has decided to slander him out of a living.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yup, people can do biz with folks based on whatever reasons they want.

Those that think the deer owner was in error.............I wouldn't do business with.

If I was in the market to buy a deer.............he'd be top o' the list :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I doubt the SJW's are influencing his business negatively.

He's getting a lot of free publicity.

Those that would be his customers........ probably not influenced by the critics.

Proly a new website soon........The Deer Semen Demon of Demotte.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    This frustrates me to no end. I have had farm animals killed by neighbors dogs that jumped our fences, even after I repeatedly asked them to keep them contained. Ask yourself what you would do if I had a 100-pound rooster and it came over in your yard and was pecking your pets to death. Our farm animals were pets, no less than your dogs.
    Once dogs get together, they have the pack mentality and will do things you never thought they were capable of. I have seen it with the cute cuddly neighbor dogs that used to head for my house as soon as the neighbors left for work.
    Not that it should matter, but the deer farmer may be raising them as livestock. Indiana does have bison, elk, and deer farms for the commercial market. Just chasing the animals can stress them enough to kill them. Biting them can cause damage enough that the animal or animals have to be put down. And dogs rarely stop at one animal. Entire herds of goats, sheep, or other farm animals have been slain buy "friendly" pets.
    The local LEOs told me that that pet owner can be liable for fines amounting to three times the value of the animal damaged or slain.
    The point is, your dog isn't cute and lovable to me so keep it on your own property.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years ago, dog owners would put their own animals down if they attacked livestock even once. It was said that once they tasted blood, they would always want to go back for more. They could never be trusted again.

Great G-Dd always said once an egg sucking dog....always an egg sucker....."BOOM"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never said anyone was at fault. I just said that with the way things are today, one might want to consider the backlash for taking a specific course of action. The deer farmer had the law on his side to do what he did. I strongly support a property owners rights, and I wouldn't be supporting a law changing. That being said, I also support a person's right to freedom of speech and association. I don't consider it irresponsible if someone chooses to voice their displeasure to a business who is connected with someone they disagree with. Threats are completely out-of-line, but if others choose to voice their support or displeasure to others over their connection with the deer farmers business, they have that right. If these people decide to stop dealing or associating with the deer farmer, such is life. Actions, even good and legal ones, have consequences.

Do you think others are allowed to have an opinion on an incident just because the authorities say that they feel it was within the confines of the law?

Damn that first amendment and free speech!

If what you feel is Free speech actually slanders or threatens me it goes to a whole new level.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just stopping in to again ask we stay on point and civil.

Boundary's are in place and lets observe them.

This is a hot button and emotional topic.

Carry on.......

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Yup, people can do biz with folks based on whatever reasons they want.

Those that think the deer owner was in error.............I wouldn't do business with.

If I was in the market to buy a deer.............he'd be top o' the list :)

Uhhhh......?......beg ta differ.......:):
    Prostitution-In-Malaysia.jpg

prostitutes_0.jpg

:):

(if yer in NV.....yer good ta go.....:): )

Top Bottom