• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    He had apparently stuffed the gun in his pants and was sitting in a chair in his living room when it fired a shot. He was struck in his leg and genitals. He was transported by Stat Flight to University Hospital in Louisville.

No, the gun did not "fire a shot." Either our hero had his hands in his pants playing with his gun, he was showing it to his girlfriend and she accidentally shot him and he's covering for her, or he didn't listen to "NO," and she shot him. Guns do not fire shots by themselves. I HATE when the press prints that garbage.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    No, the gun did not "fire a shot." Either our hero had his hands in his pants playing with his gun, he was showing it to his girlfriend and she accidentally shot him and he's covering for her, or he didn't listen to "NO," and she shot him. Guns do not fire shots by themselves. I HATE when the press prints that garbage.

But they do it all the time. Guns are evil and must be baned before they hurt someone else.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On Friday afternoon, a 17-year-old from the 3200 block of Hebron Church Road in Henryville took a .38-caliber revolver from his father’s room, thinking it was unloaded, Maj. Donnie Bowyer said.

He had apparently stuffed the gun in his pants and was sitting in a chair in his living room when it fired a shot. He was struck in his leg and genitals. He was transported by Stat Flight to University Hospital in Louisville.

1. This can not happen as revolvers are much safer than autoloading pistols.

2. This can not happen as appendix carry in the new hotness and cannot be dangerous.

:D

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    His e-mail is on the article. I sent him a note:

Mr. Thacker,
    I'd like to take a minute to address some things in your article about accidental shootings in the N&T on the 7th.Your article states:

"He had apparently stuffed the gun in his pants and was sitting in a chair in his living room when it fired a shot."

First of all, and the most important item is that guns DO NOT just fire shots. He must have had his finger on the trigger when he stuffed it in his waist band. Its a common stupid mistake made by gangster wannabe's. Its called explosive castration. A revolver takes quite a bit of trigger movement ( unless its cocked) to make it go off so he just really screwed up and obviously had zero proper firearms handling instruction. He also assumed it was unloaded. Same as the unfortunate grandfather.

Stupid.
    Treat all guns as if they are loaded and never point them at anything you are not willing to destroy. Basic gun handling rules.
    Next time you cover an accidental shooting please make the idiots look bad, not the guns. Thanks for your time. :-)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    His e-mail is on the article. I sent him a note:

Mr. Thacker,
    I'd like to take a minute to address some things in your article about accidental shootings in the N&T on the 7th.Your article states:

"He had apparently stuffed the gun in his pants and was sitting in a chair in his living room when it fired a shot."

First of all, and the most important item is that guns DO NOT just fire shots. He must have had his finger on the trigger when he stuffed it in his waist band. Its a common stupid mistake made by gangster wannabe's. Its called explosive castration. A revolver takes quite a bit of trigger movement ( unless its cocked) to make it go off so he just really screwed up and obviously had zero proper firearms handling instruction. He also assumed it was unloaded. Same as the unfortunate grandfather.

Stupid.
    Treat all guns as if they are loaded and never point them at anything you are not willing to destroy. Basic gun handling rules.
    Next time you cover an accidental shooting please make the idiots look bad, not the guns. Thanks for your time. :-)

Don't use the word cocked!!! when describing this it makes me shutter!!:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    But it was unloaded when he was "working the triggers/sticking it in his pants, practicing his quick draw in front of a mirror because the range was too far away".

I see a common thread there ...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

I see a common thread there ...

Really? Get your vision checked, if you are too blind and/or stupid to see the difference between responsible, careful training and the incidents in this report. Not the first time you've tried to twist reality to spew your garbage.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    "Billy it's not safe to put that gun there when it's cocked. You should use the decocking lever."

"What do you mean revolvers don't have a decocking lever? Then what's this little...BANG"

Top Bottom