2yr in business optics giveaway. (All past AA Optics customers)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So I was sitting in a tree this morning, thinking how lucky I am to have a job that allows me to take off and go hunting on morning like this and it dawned on me that I started my business 2 years ago today. So then I got to thinking why I've been successful over the last couple years, mistakes I've made, things I could do better, etc. Two main things really came to mind.

1. The reason I've been successful (at least successful by my definition) is my customer base. Without them I would not have the job I love.

2. I need to do some website work to bring it up to par and make it easier for folks to check out.

As some of you know when your sitting in the woods, and its all quiet around you you get plenty of time to think things over, and I came a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. FREE OPTICS

Now to the part of this post you have been waiting on. I will be putting a feedback section on my website, and need all past customers help with that. So what I have in mind is everyone can give me feedback on their experience dealing with AA Optics. On December 1st I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. The winner will receive a 500 dollar gift certificate to AA Optics. Originally I was going to give X scope away, but I would rather the winner get what they need, not what I pick.

HOW TO ENTER

I need your name, email address, what you bought, and testimony. so you can post in this thread

1. Name
    2. Email address
    3. What you bought
    4. Testimony

If you would rather not post your info here, email it to me at alan@aaoptics.com. Title your email INGO testimony. I will copy and paste your testimony into this thread, and keep the rest of your info private. If you have made multiple purchase's do multiple testimony's, but your name will only be entered in the drawing 2 times. By submitting to this your are giving me permission to put your testimony on my website. I also reserve the right to edit your testimony for typo's, profanity, and graphic language. I will not change the meaning of your statement.

Good luck to all.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Okay, I'll start this out
    Name: (SEIndSAM)
    Email: (I will PM it, don't want it published on the board)
    What have I bought 2 Vortex Crossfires and Bushnell floor sample.

I have purchased 3 scopes from A&A Optics over the past year and a half and this company has earned all of my future business. None of the scopes were high end products, yet in every sale I was treated like I was buying a high end scope. Alan does exactly what he says he is going to do, when he says it will be accomplished. He knows his product offering very well and has recommended the perfect scope for every application that I have asked about. A&A Optics pricing has been competitive with the online retailers and the chains that offer little or no customer service, I would have been foolish to have bought elsewhere.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I'll play!
    PM with personal info:
    I first worked Alan on a scope for a precision AR. He gave me advice and helped me pick out the Vortex Viper that I am convinced was the best choice all things considered. I then bought 2 more optics from him. Every transaction was easy and he was always there for questions. The best thing about it was that I didn't even have to pay more for the good service!

Viper PST 2.5-10
    Viper PST 6-24 FFP
    Trying to remember the third, it was also a viper but I forgot anything else about it after I put it on my wife's rifle....

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    [personal info emailed]

I'm glad to hear you are looking to upgrade the website.

I purchased a scope from AA Optics via the phone after calling to check pricing and availability. I'm glad I did as I received a great price and fast shipping. Had I not called, my business would have gone elsewhere as AA Optics website did not reflect his current availability and pricing at that time. This may affect potential customers that are making purchased solely based on internet "window shopping." I let AA Optics know what I was seeing on the website and I suspect corrective action has been taken since that purchase, but I haven't gone back to look. AA Optics is at the top of my list for future glass needs. He carries quality product; I've been very happy with Vortex optics.

what I bought: 6-24x PST, SFP

-rvb

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Alan

Congratulations on 2 years in business!! And yes, I do envy you that you have the ability to go hunt in the morning while I sit in my office!!
    Personal info emailed

Testimony:

The first time I met Alan was at a long range shoot he hosted on his property, before he had his business. I had not shot long range before, and it was a bit of an enlightening experience. Alan was a gracious host, helpful, and knowledgeable. It is very fitting that he start his optics business.

As time passed, I bothered Alan with optics questions on more than one occasion. Eventually, I did purchase a used Nitrex scope from him that rides on a Rem 700 in 308. I can't give any testimony to the performance of the scope, as I've never shot the gun! But were I to need optics again, I would certainly value Alan's input, thoughts, recommendation, products and customer service.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Email sent with personal information:

Vortex Diamondback 3-5-10x50
    I initially contacted Alan on INGO with regards to finding a scope for a new to me muzzleloader. He made two recommendations for two different optics. After a short phone conversation, we both decided the Diamondback was the best overall scope for my needs and budget. Without his help, I would have likely gone through a couple optics to find the right one.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Email sent
    Purchased the vortex crossfire

I will start by saying, Alan is one of the best person in sales to deal with. The knowledge, flexibility on hours , personal commitment , and overall experience he brings the table makes the shopping trip so much better. He held my hand the entire time. He dropped some scope knowledge on me, and I ended up with a vortex scope at my door. Scope has been great the entire time I have it, and I cant wait to get another. Congrats on 2 years alan, hope you have more to come!

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    Name: Brandon

(will email personal info)

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50
    Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40

I first met Alan at the Indy 1500 almost a year ago after exchanging several emails. I was building my first "precision rifle" and decided to email him after reading such raving reviews here on INGO. I told Alan my budget and preferences, then he just flat out blew my mind with the amount of advice, knowledge, and courtesy he offered immediately. He's answered every question I can come up with, and his suggestion isn't always to spend more (talked me down from a Diamondback to the Crossfire.)

The Viper has more than impressed me with it's stupid clear glass and has maintained zero and tracked perfectly since day one. I have been so impressed with both Alan's customer service and Vortex quality, when I needed a new scope for my deer rifle I knew exactly where it was coming from.

Alan is a stand up guy who is not only humble about himself, but completely honest to the point of being quite humorous at times all while being very knowledgeable about optics and shooting in general. My future optics purchases will be with A&A Optics!

Thanks again Alan for all your help and I hope you have many more anniversaries to come, and good luck in the deer stand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You've seen the pic of mine (sadly, not a Vortex, yet). Mind sharing which one you got?

I got the Viper. It is perfect for the M1-A.
    I had no idea what to get that would fit the gun and work well. Alan picked it out and shipped it right away.
    I have been considering another Vortex for my 30-06 and when I do get one it will be from AA optics

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    1. Name: Dale
    2. Email address: (emailed)
    3. What you bought: Vortex Sparc
    4. Testimony: I bought the Sparc specifically for my Beretta Cx4 rifle because I had read that it co-witnessed. I was very happy when I found that it cowitnessed perfect, the dot is placed directly on top of the front post. My favorite feature of the Sparc is the auto shut off. I've owned cheap red dot optics in the past with the dial switch/power and I've run batteries dead more than I care to admit. This is no longer a problem with the Sparc and I love it!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Name: Que
    Email: zphique@yahoo.com
    Purchased: Vortex 6.5-20 x 50 and Vortex Sparc
    Testimony: Alan was more than helpful with my purchases. He is the kind of person who is knowledgable, but doesn't leave everyone else to feel like total idiots. He carries you through the process of finding the right equipment for the intended purpose. Not only is he helpful, but it's very apparent he understands that if he takes care of his customers, the money will follow. What I mean by this is, he doesn't try to sell the most expensive scope just to get a big sale. On the other hand, he will not sell the lowest priced scope just so the customer can put something on his/her rifle. I trust Alan with helping me to make the right choices concerning rifle scopes and so can you.

[video=youtube_share;ptBHQUSdGkI]http://youtu.be/ptBHQUSdGkI[/video]

hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    INGO Testimony,

Name: Troy

I was introduced to Alan from a friend on this forum. After buying the Vortex Viper for his 700 in .308 I knew I had to get one. After a couple of emails, Alan made three recommendations and I met him at the 1500. I finally decided on a Viper PST 6-24x50. I was so pleased with it that at the next 1500 show I bought another identical Viper for my wife's rifle.

Later the same year as hunting season approached, and with Alan's recommendations and advice I purchased the Vortex Binoculars, range finder, and a Diamondback scope for my hunting rifle. I have been very pleased with the products I have purchased, and Vortex has great customer service, Warranties etc.

Alan is a wealth of knowledge and his advice has always been spot on. His customer service is always top notch. Alan is my one stop shop for all my glass needs. I am a customer for life.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Greg Redden
    gregsredden@gmail.com
    Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire
    Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x50

Alan was great to work with for both of my purchases. I mostly communicated with him via email. I am very happy with his recommendations and stayed within my budget. Both of my purchases were done through mail order with me sending him a check. In both cases I received the packages within a couple of days. I cannot recommend Alan enough. Plus, Alan takes the time to explain the products and options on INGO and/or personally over the phone. Once again I will continue to buy from Alan.
    gg

Top Bottom