2yr in business optics giveaway. (All past AA Optics customers)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Name and Email in PM

Products bought:
    Crossfire II 4-12x40 AO w/ Dead Hold BDC Reticle
    Crossfire II 3-9x40 w/ Dead Hold BDC Reticle
    Burris 1" P.E.P.R. Cantilever Mount, QD

I had done a lot of homework on different scopes, and after a recent KD Appleseed I had decided I wanted something with great tracking and nicer turrets for my AR, as well as a good basic scope for a .308 hunting rifle. Last Saturday I called Alan and asked if he'd be around for me to stop by and discuss a couple of different scopes with him. He said he'd be around later that day. Within a couple of hours, he called me back letting me know he was around, and to stop by when I wanted. He also asked what scopes I was considering, so I told him most likely the Crossfire II's, but was open to the Diamondback and Viper series.

After a drive over from Indy, I arrived at Alan's place and he welcomed me in after finishing up with another customer. He had demo units of the scopes I was considering already laid out and waiting. After talking over what I was planning on using each scope for, he made a couple of recommendations, and helped me eliminate a more expensive option. I looked them over, and after talking with him some more and considering my intended budget, settled on the Crossfire II 4-12x40 AO for my AR and 3-9X40 for my .308. We went to work right there on his kitchen getting them mounted up on my rifles. After realizing my AR could really use a cantilever mount to get the proper eye relief, he showed me the Burris P.E.P.R., which I had already been considering. I settled on the 1" PEPR QD mount.

These scopes and the mount were already a great value at the price I paid for them. I own and have shot several "middle of the road" scopes in the $150-$400 range, and right now, Vortex is the brand to beat.

As far as AA Optics' customer service goes, name another business where the owner personally calls you back on a Saturday to let you know he's available, has demo units laid out and waiting for you, talks you through the best options (which was not the more expensive product), and then pops a squat on the kitchen floor to help you get them installed....all after 5 PM. The Vortex products are a great value on their own, but the customer service that Alan provides puts them in a class of their own.

In short, Alan is a very knowledgeable guy, who runs a great business selling great products at great prices, while providing customer service that is second to none in this industry.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    1. Booya (Ryan)
    2. Ryan@mtekdesign.net
    3. Crossfire II 2-7x32
    4. I've never been a scope guru, but when I wanted to scope my Ruger 10/22 Takedown I knew just who to ask! Based on all the Kudos Alan has received via other INGO users I knew I would be safe! I sent Allen a PM with my needs/wants and budget, within an hour he replied with a few options. He included scope & rings and even made mention of the rifle not possibly fitting back in the factory bag. Small detail there, but the fact he brought it up (and knew enough about the weapon and accessories was a +) made me feel like he wasn't just trying to move product and cash in. All in one day we sent several messages, he answered all my questions, and less then 2 days later I had a new scope on my new rifle.

Good cs is is increasingly harder to come by these days, Alan hit it out of the park! Not only will my new Rem700 be eventually wearing glass from Alan, but I'll be recommending him to anyone I know currently in the market!

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Randy
    Sending email via PM
    Crossfire II 4-12 44mm

I contacted Alan with a couple of dumb questions about an optics suggestion for my new Savage FVSR purchase. He answered all my questions professionally and asked a few other questions and suggested several riflescopes that would meet my needs. I chose the Crossfire and am very impressed with the quality, clarity and accuracy I am receiving with this optic. I have and still own several midrange and high end optics and would put this one up against them any day. Shipping is very quick. Rest assured if you order from A&A Optics you have made a wise purchase from a fellow shooter who provides a great service.

Randy
    sending email via PM

Vortex Strikefire

I purchased this red/green dot optic to put on my Colt M4 SBR. It works well and it is very clear. This is my first red dot, but am very impressed. Thanks Alan.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm not responding in this thread to keep if from getting cluttered, but don't think your kind words about me and by business are falling on deaf ears. I knew I had some happy customers, but I'm floored by some of the responses.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Alan has helped me with a couple of Vortex purchases. Each time he could have upsold me, but instead he put in the correct optic for what I was trying to accomplish. I own a diamondback that sits on Savage chambered in .223 and a SPARC that sits on an AR carbine. I've been so happy with how he treated me and the value I've received, that when some family members were talking about going with another brand, I sent them to Alan. Both of them they now own multiple Vortex products purchased from A&A, and have thanked me for letting them know about Alan. As my collection grows and current glass gets swapped out, it will be with more Vortex products from Alan.

Rob

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    1. Pat Rafferty
    2. praff1969@gmail.com
    3. Vortex Viper PST 6-24 SFP MOA]
    4. Just like everything else I buy, I tend to overthink things a little. I was looking for some glass for a AR10 that I built and mainly use it for punching paper. I wasn't sure exactly what i wanted, but did a lot of research and narrowed it down to the vortex pst 6-24. Just wasn't sure of first or second focal plane. Alan was kind enough to give me his opinion for my application (and confirm that the vortex was a good choice at the price point) and i settled on the SFP due to the reticle being a little finer at full magnification. I even looked on the net to try and find a better deal and couldn't even with free shipping. I was worried it would take a while to get the glass, so even offered to meet Alan somewhere between his shop and indy. He rushed the order, got it to the post office that morning and I had it the next day. Awesome customer service and would definitely do business with him again.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Info pm'd

Optic: Crossfire II. 3-9x40

I bought this scope for my mini 14 for paper punching. I was new to INGO and Alan was the first member I bought something from. I never even knew of Vortex before, I was a Leupold man. He gave me good advice that was within my budget. The service overall was fantastic and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the optic. I'll add something else. I've often seen Alan provide advice on optics when an OP is looking for INGO input. His advice is always based on expertise and the needs of the OP. I have never seen him just push his own product. He is the ultimate professional.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    WE HAVE A WINNER.

Thanks to all those who wrote reviews. I believe these will really help me put customer's who are un familiar with me at ease.

Congrats to THE BUBBA EFFECT. Ill be in touch shortly sir.

Top Bottom