• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hanging out in a nice little cabin in the woods of Brown County.
    Decide to order a pizza instead of going into town for dinner.
    The wife calls Pizza King in Nashville, they say 30-35 minutes.
    Ok, we wait, and wait, and see a delivery driver drive by...., and no pizza!
    The wife calls to check, and is told that the driver has just left with our order.
    I go outside to wait, see the guy drive by and turn around, then drive right by me AGAIN as I stand there with my hands up like :dunno: !
    He comes back, and finally after exactly one hour, we get our order.

We try out THE ABSOLUTELY WORSE PIZZA EVER! It was obviously waiting for the driver to return. So we get a soggy, gross, half warm pizza, that tastes like CRAP!
    The "cheese bread" was more like a month old mold sandwich!
    Luckily, I ordered a "salad", yeah right, a salad! Well at least it's edible, a handful of shredded lettuce, with a sprinkling of something resembling mozzarella cheese. No tomato, no nothing, just lettuce and cheese.
    Oh well!
    Rant over!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You should have went to town and got a pizza at Big Woods. The food is good and the owners are pro-gun.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You should have went to town and got a pizza at Big Woods. The food is good and the owners are pro-gun.

I thought about that, but my wife wanted to stay in. Maybe tomorrow!

Can anyone tell me what movie I'm watching right now?
    "put the bunny back in the box"

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    There WAS a Pizza King in Martinsville. The first time I had it, it was really good although VERY expensive. The next time I called in my order for carry out and was told 30-45 mins. After about a half hour I go to pick up my order. The guy behind the counter tells me its coming out of the oven right now so I go ahead and pay for it and stand out of the way to wait. I stand there waiting for over a half an hour and go back to the counter and ask the guy again about my order. He again goes back into the kitchen and comes back and tells me again its just coming out of the oven.... Ok so I wait and 15 mins later I ask AGAIN about my order. He goes off into the kitchen and comes back out with a box.... Its someone elses order, and he tells me again mine is just about to come out of the oven about 5 mins later somone from the back comes out and calls my name. FINALLY almost two hours to get a pizza and most of the time I'm standing there in the lobby. When I finally get home and eat my pizza it is nothing but a greasy mess of random uneven toppings like it was thrown together and slapped into the oven at the last second, which I'm sure it was.

I never went back and it closed not to long after.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    slightly off topic but that sounds like the "salads" my wife makes. a bowl full of lettuce with a pinch of shredded cheddar on top and cant understand why i never eat salad at home but dont mind a good ceasar salad at a restaurant.

on topic, ive never tried a pizza king in the brown county area but the ones i have tried were never really impressive and i almost always avoid delivery regardless of the pizza place due to the wait time and cold pizza unless im feeling real lazy. some places deliver really well though but i never count on it.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've never had Pizza King deliver. When I lived in Franklin we would go eat at the Pizza King there because it was one of the "stations". My kids thought it was cool that a train brought you your drinks. The food was always "decent" there. Everything was hot and we never had to wait forever. Just not high quality food. Not that I would expect it from most pizza joints.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did the cabin look like this?

knn.png

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Pizza King is absolutely the worst pizza I've ever eaten.

Ah come on now! Nothing better then those thin little squares all bubbling with grease. Southern Indiana specialty dish.

For the record Little Ceasers hot and ready pizza is the worst with Dominoes and Chucke Cheese being pretty awful as well.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Pizza King is absolutely the worst pizza I've ever eaten.

Ah come on now! Nothing better then those thin little squares all bubbling with grease. Southern Indiana specialty dish.

For the record Little Ceasers hot and ready pizza is the worst with Dominoes and Chucke Cheese being pretty awful as well.

I'd take Little Ceasers, Dominoes, Chuck E Cheese, or even Ci Cis, over the crap of a pizza I got last night from Pizza King!

I can eat cold, three day old pizza for breakfast but I WILL NEVER have anything to do with PizzaKing AGAIN!!!:xmad:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom