• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    At this point, I think we can stop blaming the ex-wives and start looking at the individual that picked them. ;)

Agreed. And I took 10 years off and worked on my personal issues. I have found the one. I am SURE I am with this one for life. I was convinced and at ease with the idea spending the rest of my life as a single man before we found each other.
    For sure the problem was mine.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The best thing I heard when I was going through some tough times was very simple...but I remember it to this day. "Someone else has been where you are, going through what you are, and they made it out OK."

Keep that in mind.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's what I always used to tell my son when he was having trouble at school: "Millions of people have done this and they got through it. You can, too." Easy to forget that when you're getting your face stepped on, though. I'm sure I've found the right one too :)

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Let me give u some advise about the lawyer part. Call and set up interviews with EVERY lawyer possible specially the BETTER ones. Any lawyer u talk to first CAN NOT represent her ,Conflict of interest. Look it up and do it. Will take a lot of time but better safe then sorry as we gun owners know.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At this point, I think we can stop blaming the ex-wives and start looking at the individual that picked them. ;)...

That's kind of what comes to my mind when I hear people complaining and complaining and complaining about what a crazy nut their ex spouse is.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mine actually had an undiagnosed personality disorder, so I'm kind of exempt from that.

Mine committed suicide on the third try. I think he qualifies for being referred to as having serious issues. I was young when I met him and honestly was pretty naive about mental illness. I am far more educated on that now!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    My ex is nuttier than squirrel shi^. It is true just like I had always heard before... SHE is going to grow up to be JUST LIKE her mother. Her mother belonged in a padded room!

Ever heard of a woman going to a funeral of a woman she did not even know and did NOT even know anyone there! That was how nuts her mother was.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Another thing to think about. ANY money or valuable items that can be converted to cash CAN and WILL be used to pay for a lawyer against you if accessed by your newfound opponent!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I came home to mine carving on herself once. She didn't live long enough to succeed, though. One way or the other, she was checking out. I resisted at the time, but I've come to realize it wasn't up to me and fighting it was a lose. I resented it, our son suffered, but ultimately we were both better off. As crass as it sounds, the crazy was so bad we would still all be miserable.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My advice to singles of childbearing age is to avoid the crazy people. You can't fix mentally ill with a bandage of pills and wishful thinking. Depending on the illness there is a high likelihood any children born from the union will also be mentally ill. My first rodeo was way worse than the last and thankfully it was very brief. I swam in the pits of hell and I survived.

I was only 16 and he was was 25...... it just gets worse from there. Anyway, he was bi-polar, manipulative, paranoid, abusive and just plain evil. He had so many other children from other young girls like myself that he seldom saw our daughter after the divorce. Even though I loved and nurtured her, she still grew up to be very much like him. They share similar delusions of their alternate made up lives. They share the same types of paranoia and irrational abusive outbursts and behavior. It was almost as if my daughter's humanity diminished when she hit puberty.

My daughter played a role in my decision to divorce the last x. I don't know what is true or false, all of the players are pathological liars looking for an excuse. I just don't want to play with any of them anymore. I washed my hands of them all. The little girl I raised vanished long ago.

So in summary, my crazy cup overflows but life goes on. I have every excuse to be just as pathetic as they are but I chose to rise above the torment and move on without them. I don't need their BS and I don't need their excuses. Luckily one of the blessings of getting older is that bad memories fade fast as do the thoughts of the players.

There are a lot of sordid details I have left out but my point is that no matter what we have experienced, life goes on whether or not we chose to participate.

Watching my mom fade away with Alzheimer's helped me to find the strength to make my unpopular decisions. Life is too short to to waste it being miserable or just comfortable. I wanted to be happy, so I made changes. Although I am still disorganized from it all, I am most certainly happy now.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That's kind of what comes to my mind when I hear people complaining and complaining and complaining about what a crazy nut their ex spouse is.

To HiJack the thread a bit: My mother-in-law had been married five times...and was engaged to be married again. Of the first set of five, though, one guy she married twice. That guy she married twice is also now on his fifth...

My MIL was....unique.

Top Bottom