• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I carry a .45 nothing wrong with a 22 it's just I want something to hit them and stop them cold. And in a home I feel as if the 22 would carry through more walls because its such a smaller round and could cleanly punch through drywall

It is safe to assume that the interior wall of a home will not stop bullets. Doesn't really matter how big or small.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have a 22 I keep loaded with CCI Stingers. I sure wouldn't want to be hit by them.

I think I've gone through about 900 or 1000 rds of Stingers in my SR22 now and have yet to encounter anything but bang with them. They are much more inexpensive to go in the back yard shooting...

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I noticed the guy in the video tends to curl his trigger finger during the draw and in the first few time, his finger was actually inside the trigger guard before he brought it up to aim. Might want to be mindful of that.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Every day carry via firearm? 9mm, .40s&w or .45acp for me...

In the event of an apocalyptic outbreak or civil war?
    I'll gladly throw 1,000rds of CCI Mini Mag's or Remington Sub-Sonic's in my front pocket and load up my 25rd mag's for my AR15-22.
    Best "Zombie" gun to own if you're shot-placement friendly. :rockwoot:

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Interesting video. My first pistol purchase was an S&W MP22 as a trainer for MP40 or MP9. Never really thought of using it for anything else until now.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Robert Kennedy was killed with a .22

A .22 is a better assassin's gun than it is a defensive gun. If my only choice in a HD or close range sd situation was a .22, I'd use it as a bludgeoning tool before trusting a .22lr round to penetrate and get a reasonably quick stop. Yes, really. I'd gladly take a stick or a rock over a .22lr.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    A .22 is a better assassin's gun than it is a defensive gun. If my only choice in a HD or close range sd situation was a .22, I'd use it as a bludgeoning tool before trusting a .22lr round to penetrate and get a reasonably quick stop. Yes, really. I'd gladly take a stick or a rock over a .22lr.
    A Hi Standard .22lr with a can was used to take out Sam Giancana. :dunno:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    A Hi Standard .22lr with a can was used to take out Sam Giancana. :dunno:

Perhaps I wasn't clear when I said its a better assassin's gun than defensive gun. If you can pick your shot on an unsuspecting victim, great. That's rarely the case in a defensive situation.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I'm going to a self defense gun class in Boone county in May and they said you can't even get in the class with anything smaller than a 9 mm.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I know that a 22 is deadly and a good shot would be able to kill a man with a head shot out to a hundred yards. With a pistol you have to be close and very accurate.

They have been used for years by killers on both sides of the coin.

I am not that good of a shot. I can keep all shots out of any one of my 45s on a 25 yard target form 25 yards and that is off hand. So I think I could take a man out across the room under high stress. Today I used a broken Glock 36 and kept all shots on target from 25 yards. Now could have I dun it with some one shooting back. I don't know. I would have tried.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Please show me a source for this stat.

I'd like to see it too. And I also wonder what it has to do with self-defence, since the primary concern is to stop an attacker's current behavior rather than have him die in the hospital sometime later (maybe after you).

Top Bottom