• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I love my Marlin Model 60. Tube fed semi-auto and real nice.

What would you be using it for though? Hunting? Plinking? Appleseed?

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Marlin all the way! I have 3 of them and they are all very accurate and fun. They like to run dry and clean. Just brush em out a lil wipe clean the feed ramp and your good to go. for another bulk box...lol

If you like to spend big $$$ on upgrades a 10/22 is said to be great for mods and eating cash.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have a Savage Mark II (bolt action) that works well for me. That said, if I was doing it over, hands down my decision would be a Ruger 10/22. Nothing against the Savage, but I bought it to use at Appleseed, and a semi-auto would have been a better choice. When I can afford to do so, I'll be correcting that error.

Blessings,
    Bill

plumber man

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009

that is what i have been hearing,the 10/22 or the marlin model 60.just something to take care of the muskrats in the pond

oifvet2id

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Indy
    The 10/22 is a very customizable weapon, the mods and upgrades arent that expensive, you just have to shop around a bit.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    you need a10/22 thats all lol

Agreed..... around 320.00 total in each gun

10-22blackandgreen.jpg

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    10/22s are pretty much the gun that every other .22 is judged against.

I have a Weatherby Mark XXII, which is an Anschutz model 64 action and barrel with a Weatherby stock. It shoots like a dream, the trigger breaks like glass, and though I swore it would only be a range queen, it's been out in the woods several times, and now bears the marks to prove it.

The Savage Mark II-BTVS was tested by Field and Stream last year, it won both the Great Buy and Editor's Choice award, and they also billed it as the most accurate rimfire they had ever tested, with groups averaging .229". It's one hell of a shooter.

My dad has a Henry with an octaganol barrel, and it's has to be the smoothest lever action I have ever felt, and has gotten it's fair share of squirrels too.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Semi: 10/22 no other choice IMO. I also like 4X scopes on them.

Lever: Henry, the nicest lever guns I have ever had.

Bolt: Ruger M77/22 or Plenty of good ones out there, I really like the one Josh has pic'd... sweet!!! I bet that feels like a rifle too.

Chipslinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    I'd say 10/22 also. You can buy numerous parts for them. Very durable and dependable. Endless mods and very accurate. You can pick up a new plain one for a little over $200. They seem to hold their value very well. I have seen used ones are selling from $175 and up.

jwhill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    52 winchester, if you want a quality gun that will hold its value, all the rifles on here that have been mentioned are good rifles, the cz's are making a good showing at the silhouette shoot in friendship. I have a 10/22 that has all Volquartsen parts with the exception of the receiver, and it will shoot 1/2 inch @100 all day.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom