• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You've got to love it when people smart off without knowing about the products they want. Federal Ultra Match is super expensive everywhere you find it. By the time Ultra Match is purchased online (when it's in stock) and shipped, it wouldn't be much cheaper than Gander. Federal Ultra Match isn't Blazer, Golden Bullets, or Federal bulk. Its MATCH grade.

People like the poster above scoff at Federal Ultra Match and act like retailers are gouging them for selling it for more than $20 a box. Like the poster above, they make rude comments about the price and how they hope retailers "choke on it." Apparently, they fail to realize that Federal Ultra Match has NEVER been inexpensive. It has NEVER been the ammo they picked up at WalMart to plink with. It will NEVER sell for $2.49 a box. It was NEVER as cheap as golden bullets. It was NEVER intended to be cheap plinking ammo. Federal Ultra Match was ridiculously expensive before the 22 crisis, and will be ridiculously expensive once the 22 crisis is over. It was designed to be accurate, not cheap, and it does that very well.

How dare stores sell match grade ammunition for its regular price. I DESERVE my 22 ammo for low prices no matter the quality.

I've mentioned 22 match ammo in a lot of threads (including this one). You can provide links where the normal price of Ultra Match and Eley Tenex are $20-$27 a box. You can try and explain that just because a box says CCI doesn't make it cheap mini mags.

Hell Remington makes "match" ammo that if someone saw they'd see the word "Remington" and say DAYUM!!!! I used to buy that for .25 cents a box 40 years ago

Some people get it

A lot don't.

.22LR is .22!!! It should be 2 cents a round like it was in the good ol' days back before the gummerment bought all the .22 and the ammo manufacturers were allowed to make it in 500 round boxes!!!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have shot the Ely, CCI Green Tag, and even someRWS that was supposed to be the bees knees in 22 LR ammo. I honestly didnt see much difference in it from the normal stuff I shoot in my rifles. But then, I doubt that any of the 22 rifles that I own really are going to show any real improvement over the average stuff any way. I pull ammo from a box (usually a bulk box) stuff it in the mag (or cylinder) and proceed to make pop cans dance. I do not own a rifle that cost as much as a used car, I do not mic every round, and group them according to rim thickness. I just like to hear the gun go bang, and see the cans move, or clay pigeons break.

About as close to being picky as I have ever gotten, I did a bunch of ammo testing with a new bolt gun a few years back, and decided it shoots a certain type of Aguila better than the other stuff I tried. So I bought a few bricks for that rifle, and have left it put up just for that gun.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I think this thread is justifying a 9mm carbine. 22lr is probably my fav thing to plink with, but I refuse to pay the stupid prices. I regret becoming a 22 snob and passing on the cheap federal bulk boxes and opting for CCI SV, oh well I guess!

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    Still can't find any. Bought some America eagle in Martinsville gun shop 50 rounds @ $3.00 per box. But he only had 1 box lol

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom