• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    It's not cheap but there were times I would have paid that when I was running low. I think he paid a premium to get it just so he would have some.. It's tough to sell range time to someone if they don't have ammo? :) Personally I don't mind paying a little extra to support a guy that has went out on a limb to build a top notch place where I can shoot. I'm sure if/when things normalize his prices will be in line, gun prices seem reasonable enough.

:twocents:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    A couple of weeks ago I was down around Castleton Square for my job and I swung in to GM during lunch break just for "craps & giggles". Asked is they had any .22? Guy says "Yeah" he showed me to its location and I looked at it. Yeah.... he was right they had it. Federal 50 round box for $24.99 a box. I just looked at him and said "you have got to be kidding?" Well he said it is competition grade. Just laughed and walked away. Hope they choke on it.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    When it's not available in stores, people beeeitch. When it flies off the shelf, people beeeitch. When folks flip it, people beeeitch. When a retailer tries to price it so the flippers won't get it, people beeeitch. I see a pattern developing.

As long as people are willing to pay 10+ cents per round, this will continue.

I'd like to see the retailers start marking bricks at around $40-50, then slowly reduce the price until supply and demand stabilize.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    They must be flipping them from Cabelas When in stock they are $9.00 a box of 100} or a brick of CCI blazers for $28.oo
    Up in N.W. corner of state. Usually on Wed . or Th.

This. Even during the times of scarcity CCI was there, just had to make lots of trips in and out to get enough.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    A couple of weeks ago I was down around Castleton Square for my job and I swung in to GM during lunch break just for "craps & giggles". Asked is they had any .22? Guy says "Yeah" he showed me to its location and I looked at it. Yeah.... he was right they had it. Federal 50 round box for $24.99 a box. I just looked at him and said "you have got to be kidding?" Well he said it is competition grade. Just laughed and walked away. Hope they choke on it.

Again, not all 22 is created equal

Federal Gold Medal .22 Long Rifle UltraMatch 40 Grain Solid Lead UM22 Ammo - a - 50 Rounds per Box

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=eley+tenex

It's like CCI, not everything CCI makes in mini mags. They have segmented hollow points, quiet, suppressor, green tag, subsonic, standard velocity, CB, CH long, CB short, Velocitors, Stingers, and about 10 additional varieties.

People getting mad because all a store has is expensive competition grade 22 (which exists) doesn't make sense. Sure, we all want giant bulk packs of 22 that used to cost $5. But if that's the case I want a Mustang or a Corvette that costs $3500 brand new too

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Scored 3000 rds in the last week with the grand opening of Gander Mtn in Avon and getting lucky at Walmart next door while everyone else was in Gander. Remington, Federal, and CCI

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Have been seeing it about once a month at local Walmart, sometimes more. Not too bad price considering. $23.00 for federal brick 550 rounds. Been lucky and snagged a few.

$23 is "not too bad a price"? Right before the first Obama panic, it was $12 (and sometimes even $9!). How desperate we've become when we're not just willing to pay more than double the cost, but actually happy to find it that "cheap".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With that attitude, prices will never come down to where they should be. Why should they? If people are content to pay $0.15/round for .22LR, then there is no incentive to charge less.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

You've got to love it when people smart off without knowing about the products they want. Federal Ultra Match is super expensive everywhere you find it. By the time Ultra Match is purchased online (when it's in stock) and shipped, it wouldn't be much cheaper than Gander. Federal Ultra Match isn't Blazer, Golden Bullets, or Federal bulk. Its MATCH grade.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    You've got to love it when people smart off without knowing about the products they want. Federal Ultra Match is super expensive everywhere you find it. By the time Ultra Match is purchased online (when it's in stock) and shipped, it wouldn't be much cheaper than Gander. Federal Ultra Match isn't Blazer, Golden Bullets, or Federal bulk. Its MATCH grade.

What makes it so much different? :scratch:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    What makes it so much different? :scratch:

People like the poster above scoff at Federal Ultra Match and act like retailers are gouging them for selling it for more than $20 a box. Like the poster above, they make rude comments about the price and how they hope retailers "choke on it." Apparently, they fail to realize that Federal Ultra Match has NEVER been inexpensive. It has NEVER been the ammo they picked up at WalMart to plink with. It will NEVER sell for $2.49 a box. It was NEVER as cheap as golden bullets. It was NEVER intended to be cheap plinking ammo. Federal Ultra Match was ridiculously expensive before the 22 crisis, and will be ridiculously expensive once the 22 crisis is over. It was designed to be accurate, not cheap, and it does that very well.

How dare stores sell match grade ammunition for its regular price. I DESERVE my 22 ammo for low prices no matter the quality.

Top Bottom