• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    which ever one you can throw the farthest. you have just as good chances of hitting your target with the actual gun as you do with the bullet. :D

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    For target shooting I wouldn't get either ..
    I would get a beretta neos or a ruger MK II Or maybe even a browning buckmark ...

The sig and the walther are both great guns nice plinkers but niether is a good target pistol...:D:patriot:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    For target shooting I wouldn't get either ..
    I would get a beretta neos or a ruger MK II Or maybe even a browning buckmark ...

The sig and the walther are both great guns nice plinkers but niether is a good target pistol...:D:patriot:
    +1 i love the browning buckmark, i also like the ruger mkIII

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    like others have said already neither of those are a target handguns, I have seen a lot of feedback from both and a vast number of owners seem to have trouble with them. the most used .22LR handguns for target (without going high end S&W mod 41 or High std) are going to be Ruger and Browning, after that it will personal preference. I tryed the Buckmark and did not like it, really like my MKII and MKIII and they have been nothing short than great.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I think the Ruger or Buckmark are the most accurate, the P22 isn't bad. The Mosquito is a cool gun but I've never found them to be as accurate as the Ruger or Buckmark.

I have the Buckmark.

PS: Why doesn't the spell checker on this forum recognize "Ruger" or "Buckmark"????

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I owned the P22 and the Mosquito. Neither impressed me and I ended up selling both. Very picky on ammo. Not very accurate. You can't go wrong with a MK 2 or 3, or a Buckmark. I prefer the MK 2 or 3, or even MK 1 or standard model, to the 22/45. Just my preference.

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    I have a 22/45 and it has been flawless with bulk ammo. I haven't tried the good stuff for accuracy, but so far is is great as far as i am concerned.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Between the two, I'd go with the Walther. If you want a slight bump in accuracy, get the longer barrel version. I've shot both and can't think of anything positive about the sig. It might be a little bigger in the hand, but that's all i can think of.

As mentioned a lot in this thread, I'd consider these plinking pistols, not target pistols. They look cool and are fun, just not super accurate.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    go to bradis guns and they will help you out alot, along with fondling the guns and seeing which one is more comfortable to you.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    If all you want, go to a good gun store and see which one fits your hand better. Dry fire it to make sure you don't hate the trigger. Pick which pretty finish you like better. Buy it and be happy. Then get to shooting!

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    I would get the P22 over the Mosquito.
    The Mosquito has too many problems and for the price you pay for a the SIG, that isn't even made by SIG....

Thats not to say the P22 doesn't have its own problems but it a bit cheaper compare to the Mosquito.

I've owned both and I like the P22 more, I dumped my mosquito for a P226 .22lr upper.

For the $ of a Mosquito, I'd rather get a P220/226/229 in .22LR.
    That way you can send the coupon in for a 9mm/.357SIG/.40/.45 Upper for your gun's frame for about $300.

If I didn't do that, I'd get the P22 and an extra recoil spring as you will wear it out.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    P-22 is alsome. Walther all the way. I never had any accuracy problems or jamming problems at all. Just keep it clean. Shot 2500 rounds through mine and only 4 times that it miscycled. It was just dirty when that happened. I had short barrel and it was pretty accurate.

Top Bottom