• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2024
    Allen county
    I would love to hear what everybody's plan is for this upcoming election. Do we think ammo will keep going up with the two conflicts still going on? Will the election raise it more? Are you stocking up or waiting until after?

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have not stopped stocking up on ammo since before Sandy Hook in 2012. Before that, there was a ammo drought that caught me without being prepared. My advice is, buy some ammo and or magazines each paycheck.
    As we get closer to the election, history shows we will see prices go up and supplies dwindle. If Biden wins, there will be a huge rush on guns and ammo, especially anything like common pistol calibers and anything you can shove in an AR or an AK. It's stupid, but that's the world we live in.
    I am starting to shift my focus towards food stuffs, dry goods, cleaning supplies and toiletries.

Knights1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2024
    Idaho
    I would love to hear what everybody's plan is for this upcoming election. Do we think ammo will keep going up with the two conflicts still going on? Will the election raise it more? Are you stocking up or waiting until after?

Ammo is the cheapest I've seen since I was old enough to buy. 1000 rds of 9mm for $250 shipped as well as 1000 rds of 9mm for $200+ shipping isn't too difficult to find right now. I became of age during the first osama election and it took a few years for the market to recuperate. After stabilizing, then shortly after came Sandy Hook. I stick to the more popular rounds so I may be out of touch with prices for the specialty stuff more technical shooters are into.

A few weeks ago at a sporting goods store I saw Blazer 124 grain for $10.99/each. That's the cheapest priced domestic ammo I've ever seen **IN STORE** since I've been an adult. Before this the cheapest ammo I had seen in store was Tula/Wolf as well as some Turkish stuff for $7.99 at Walmart back around 2011ish.

I've made all of my election year purchases for the most part. If I'm out and about and come across decently priced ammo I pick up a box or two but that's more of a habit at this point. Still in the market for two specific handguns but I could live without those if prices suddenly went summer 2020.

Top Bottom