• ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Made a difficult call and passed this guy this evening. In the moment he was danger close to getting a broadhead as he stood broadside at 18 yards. Got home and watched the footage and we made the right call but he is right on the edge. Hopefully he makes it through the season, he'd be great to see next year. First deer that's had my blood pumping like that in a couple of years and we were both shivering like we'd fallen through the ice after we moved on. Good stuff, it was a great day.
    55cSiv0h.jpg

p1XmObCh.jpg

Stronger man than me!!

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Made a difficult call and passed this guy this evening. In the moment he was danger close to getting a broadhead as he stood broadside at 18 yards. Got home and watched the footage and we made the right call but he is right on the edge. Hopefully he makes it through the season, he'd be great to see next year. First deer that's had my blood pumping like that in a couple of years and we were both shivering like we'd fallen through the ice after we moved on. Good stuff, it was a great day.
    55cSiv0h.jpg

p1XmObCh.jpg
    I could not have past it up. Not been seeing anything deer pop is down in my hunting spots.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Cold out here this morning. We’ve heard two different turkeys gobble and a doe wandering around but otherwise it’s deadly quiet. Beautiful morning.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I had my target buck come in last night about 545 with several does. He gave me multiple shot opportunities but I ultimately passed on him. His left side was partially broke off.

I had one picture of him from about a 2 weeks ago. Now that I look back at it , I see where it's missing. He was a tough one to let walk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231031-194942_Message+.jpg
      Screenshot_20231031-194942_Message+.jpg
      120.3 KB · Views: 29

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My season is all but over since I couldn’t resist that little buck and freezer is full….. but now I am taking my dad to the back of my property…. Going to be quite the trick with his wheelchair but I have made a very comfortable blind and I will get heat in there. Hoping to get him his first deer at 68yo we will see. November 18th if the stars align and god willing we will be out there with the 350 legend.

And my two kids still have buck tags also…. Sooooo still plenty of action (work for me) left to be had. Besides my dad my property is buck only for the remainder of the season.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    A decent 9 pointer showed up on camera - finally something other than does and spikes. No daylight pictures, though. Hopefully he starts coming around in the daylight. I plan to go out at least Friday and Saturday...but if a basket rack or doe walks by, I'm pulling the trigger (crossbow).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had my target buck come in last night about 545 with several does. He gave me multiple shot opportunities but I ultimately passed on him. His left side was partially broke off.

I had one picture of him from about a 2 weeks ago. Now that I look back at it , I see where it's missing. He was a tough one to let walk.
    Had something similar happen several years ago but I shot him. Gave the taxidermist several pics of him before he broke off and he rebuilt the rack for me, turned out great.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    My season is all but over since I couldn’t resist that little buck and freezer is full….. but now I am taking my dad to the back of my property…. Going to be quite the trick with his wheelchair but I have made a very comfortable blind and I will get heat in there. Hoping to get him his first deer at 68yo we will see. November 18th if the stars align and god willing we will be out there with the 350 legend.

And my two kids still have buck tags also…. Sooooo still plenty of action (work for me) left to be had. Besides my dad my property is buck only for the remainder of the season.
    Good for you!! I love stories of kids hunting. Even better when the “kid” takes their parent. Keep making those memories.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It has been a sloooooowwwww day today. With what’s been showing on cameras, what we’ve seen and this weather I thought today was going to be hopping but it’s been quite the opposite here. Cameras are dead and we’ve seen one deer and that was this morning.

The good news is it was the 2yr old mainframe 11, nice to lay eyes on him. If he gets another year or two older he could really turn in to a trophy.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    It has been a sloooooowwwww day today. With what’s been showing on cameras, what we’ve seen and this weather I thought today was going to be hopping but it’s been quite the opposite here. Cameras are dead and we’ve seen one deer and that was this morning.

The good news is it was the 2yr old mainframe 11, nice to lay eyes on him. If he gets another year or two older he could really turn in to a trophy.
    Ill be on vacation starting the 11th.. really hoping I timed it out right and woods are kicking .

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Ill be on vacation starting the 11th.. really hoping I timed it out right and woods are kicking .
    I'm off the week also. Hunting here, then going north on the 13th. Yard work at the cabin on the 14th and in the woods for Michigan rifle season on the 15th. Back here the night of the 17th to regroup for the Indiana opener.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

The activity on camera really seemed to drop off Tuesday night after increasing activity Sunday-Monday night. Then it exploded last night with a lot of young buck activity that is continuing this morning.

Thus far, I have 8 definite mature bucks and 2 more probables on camera but only 4 instances of daylight movement from them. With that many big deer running around it is quite some trick to avoid all of them but so far I'm managing to do just that.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The activity on camera really seemed to drop off Tuesday night after increasing activity Sunday-Monday night. Then it exploded last night with a lot of young buck activity that is continuing this morning.

Thus far, I have 8 definite mature bucks and 2 more probables on camera but only 4 instances of daylight movement from them. With that many big deer running around it is quite some trick to avoid all of them but so far I'm managing to do just that.
    I've managed quite nicely to put myself in the center of three nice bucks a hundred yards in each direction twice.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I'm off the week also. Hunting here, then going north on the 13th. Yard work at the cabin on the 14th and in the woods for Michigan rifle season on the 15th. Back here the night of the 17th to regroup for the Indiana opener.
    Good luck to ya and hope ya fill both Michigan and Indiana tags!

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Good luck to ya and hope ya fill both Michigan and Indiana tags!
    Thanks much! My wife doesn't want another deer in the freezer. We got two last year and we are good. Probably won't shoot up north, just letting people know that I'm there. Here I will hold out for a true monster.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Hunting buddy and I are setting up this weekend at Chain O Lakes for the upcoming hunt. The site we like will work well with a 2-man tree stand, and we hope to do our duty helping the state park reduce deer damage and overgrazing.
    Now I have to decide - 12 gauge slug or 10mm?

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I been hunting my place the past few days, up until today small to medium bucks were dogging doe’s. Yesterday I had shots on 2 shooter bucks both got within 30 yards but in both cases I didn’t have a clear shot. This morning I had a decent buck come cruising by and after that I never saw another deer.
    The big ones should start chasing the doe’s soon.

Top Bottom