• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You've been left behind by the "modern" radical wing of the party, they don't believe in the same things.
    NOTE: these are the people currently in congress and the senate that will all vote against ACB.

^^^^^^^^
    That's tomorrows headline.

I think it will be 52-47. I think Murkowski voted no today but will vote to confirm. Manchin indicated yet? He may be a Democrat Yes

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll be anti-republican until death. :). But that doesn't mean I won't vote for a good person who just happens to have neuroses that made them join the republican party.
    Even then you'll still be voting Democrat. Right?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's the way they will vote. Appeases the fringe players in an election year and doesn't bother the democratic wing because the vote is a lock.

But, underneath it all, if you look at Obamas choices for women judges and ACB, there is little doubt that ACB would be preferred over the other two. Now, she could destroy that preference with some terrible positions on SCOTUS. But right now, lotsa dems like her. Real dems.

Could you share the party platform of "real dems"?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it will be 52-47. I think Murkowski voted no today but will vote to confirm. Manchin indicated yet? He may be a Democrat Yes
    Murkowski said she is voting against the procedural process today but will join back up with Republicans to confirm ACB. She opposes the process but she will not hold it against ACB.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Murkowski said she is voting against the procedural process today but will join back up with Republicans to confirm ACB. She opposes the process but she will not hold it against ACB.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Susan Collins...lone vote against a female nominee

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Susan Collins...lone vote against a female nominee
    Susan Collins is a perpetual save her political ass State. She's tied up in a pretzel just trying to stay ahead of a Democrat challenger.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Susan Collins is a perpetual save her political ass State. She's tied up in a pretzel just trying to stay ahead of a Democrat challenger.

How the hell is Maine not a conservative state? A lot of country, brutal weather, moose.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    How does that align with the official democrat platform?

Oh, it certainly does not. I'm not pro-choice, not SJW, believe strongly in 2A, etc etc. Basically, a 1950's democrat. :)

I don't like these $2 trillion Keynesian bailouts and think we ought to move toward a balanced budget. I hate NAFTA, Citizens United and the Patriot Act.

And yeah, we are dying off. Just found out a couple of friends had passed. So there are 2 less of us as of today.

My kids (now in their 40's) feel the same as I do, so it is either genetic or how they were raised, or both. Which gives me hope for my grandkids.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You assign your own values onto people who are not you, and pretend that is actually reality.
    You aren't a democrat.
    You just aren't willing to accept it.

Amigo, if you understand Einstein at all, you know that truth is always relative to the observer. There is no absolute truth. It has to have a reference origin.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Amigo, if you understand Einstein at all, you know that truth is always relative to the observer. There is no absolute truth. It has to have a reference origin.

Wow I knew about social Darwinism but I didn't know about einsteinian psychology!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom