• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

A couple of things stood out...

"McConnell, however, said in a statement that the Senate could use the “hybrid model” of deliberation that the House has used since March — a plan constructed and deployed by Democratic lawmakers — to ensure Barrett receives a fast and fair hearing."

And this...

"Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded Monday by saying that he and other Democrats planned to use “every tool in the toolbox” to delay Barrett’s hearings."

Thanks Chuck! You gave the Republicans one of the tools they need to thwart your efforts. :):

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    A couple of things stood out...

"McConnell, however, said in a statement that the Senate could use the “hybrid model” of deliberation that the House has used since March — a plan constructed and deployed by Democratic lawmakers — to ensure Barrett receives a fast and fair hearing."

And this...

"Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded Monday by saying that he and other Democrats planned to use “every tool in the toolbox” to delay Barrett’s hearings."

Thanks Chuck! You gave the Republicans one of the tools they need to thwart your efforts. :):
    So how long before they have to resort to pulling the fire alarm? :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to call in a fake bomb threat. :rolleyes:

Probably intentionally trying to infect people with covid could be on the table. When they say things like "by any means necessary" that means pretty much anything is on the table.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So I would take that the basically mean that the work of the Senate is not essential so why don't they just all stay home

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wrote to my Senate critters this morning to urge they not delay Judge Barrett's confirmation. From what I have read and witnessed, I find no reason to delay her confirmation to the SCOTUS.

"I ask that you act expeditiously to confirm the President's nominee for the United States Supreme Court.

Although Judge Barrett has not yet been subjected to the abuse that Justice Kavanaugh was; it is apparent that the Democrat Party members have no substantive claims that would cause me to question Judge Barrett's qualifications.

Judge Barrett, is quite simply an outstanding nominee and will restore a degree of balance and Constitutionally centered jurisprudence to the court! Sir, get this DONE! Judge Barrett needs confirmed as quickly as possible!

Do not wait, procrastination only serves the enemies of this Nation. Use your staffers time to research and determine the fastest possible way to bring Judge Barrett to a successful confirmation vote. If Senators must be placed in HazMat suits and wheeled into the Senate chamber to execute their vote, DO IT!!!

Please do the correct thing for this nation, and fill the vacant Supreme Court seat NOW!!!"

If you can use any of the above, feel free to do so.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I suspect it will be all quiet on the western front during the seven-day lay-up of the nomination in committee. Expect more fireworks/caterwauling Thursday or Friday.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The absence of shock and disgust at this point says that ACB is a lock. Dems have a loser issue and it's going to get done. I'm glad to see a more conservative woman of my race on the panel.

What? I can't say that? It's OK to say it if it's a Latina or a Black woman? Those who identify as white heterosexual ought to be able to gloat a little too.

:rockwoot:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The absence of shock and disgust at this point says that ACB is a lock. Dems have a loser issue and it's going to get done. I'm glad to see a more conservative woman of my race on the panel.

What? I can't say that? It's OK to say it if it's a Latina or a Black woman? Those who identify as white heterosexual ought to be able to gloat a little too.

:rockwoot:

I am happy because of her jurisprudence.

Any reaction to her demographics is merely schadenfreude from the weeping, teeth-gnashing, and garment-rending from the identity-politics left.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom