• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    For you people that haven't signed up. What the hell is the hold up? The Warsaw crew puts on a hell of a match.. Get your A$$ in gear. Close to home awesome people good times. All for $75. What more do you want?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think a lot of guys that shoot our club matches, just aren't ready for one reason or another, to step up to shooting a major match. Threat of embarrassment maybe? Too tight to spend $75 and gas money maybe? I'm going with they are afraid they will do poorly and their egos can't take it.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I think a lot of guys that shoot our club matches, just aren't ready for one reason or another, to step up to shooting a major match. Threat of embarrassment maybe? Too tight to spend $75 and gas money maybe? I'm going with they are afraid they will do poorly and their egos can't take it.

Doing poorly and embarrassment aren't good enough reasons. If they were I would never leave the house:)

It's looking like this match will be my 3rd live fire practice of the season. It will be great practice.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    This will be my first USPSA match so I'm sure you'll see plenty of embarrassment, however that wont stop me from shooting!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    This will be my first USPSA match so I'm sure you'll see plenty of embarrassment, however that wont stop me from shooting!

It will be a good match for your first. Don't worry about being embarrassed,everybody had to shoot a first match.
    If I were you I would try to get to a club match first just to be comfortable with the format and safety rules. There will be a match
    At Riley on the 16th and Atlanta on the 23rd. I'm sure there are a couple of shooters from up there that will be shooting one or both matches,you might be able to carpool.
    If you can't make one of them,don't worry about it you will catch on quick.
    I'll see you there

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I am shooting with staff on Friday, couldn't the the weekend off
    Only need one day to shoot it, not all three.
    Yeah we're working 12 hour shifts Thursday through Sunday on nights so it would be minimum of two days vacation for me. With us working every other weekend that would be two club matches I would have to scratch off the list for the year. Between that and trying to fit the shoot and the drive all into one day I opted to skip this and shoot more local matches for the year.

The he same will be true for the state match too. One of these days when I don't have to work weekend nights I won't have to scratch matches I would like to shoot.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah we're working 12 hour shifts Thursday through Sunday on nights so it would be minimum of two days vacation for me. With us working every other weekend that would be two club matches I would have to scratch off the list for the year. Between that and trying to fit the shoot and the drive all into one day I opted to skip this and shoot more local matches for the year.

The he same will be true for the state match too. One of these days when I don't have to work weekend nights I won't have to scratch matches I would like to shoot.

Hell you shoot open anyway.
    It is not like you are GM and say that you only shoot open when you can win money and then because it is too far to drive decide to reschedule your monthly match on the same day as this
    YOU get a pass.....others however do not

Good thing we have our other GM Chris Stump that is not afraid of a little drive to represent us :) (smiley face means I am just joking around...some)

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    I am always found of the statement my father taught me as a boy, "f*** it, the devil hates a coward". Embarrassment holds no water with me. I'm embarrassed a lot and still try. What's the worst that can happen? Get DQ'd, and learn from a mistake? Still sounds like a a winner to me.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    It will be a good match for your first. Don't worry about being embarrassed,everybody had to shoot a first match.
    If I were you I would try to get to a club match first just to be comfortable with the format and safety rules. There will be a match
    At Riley on the 16th and Atlanta on the 23rd. I'm sure there are a couple of shooters from up there that will be shooting one or both matches,you might be able to carpool.
    If you can't make one of them,don't worry about it you will catch on quick.
    I'll see you there

Unfortunately I will be unable to make it to a club match before the major match at the end of the month. I am fairly comfortable with the format and safety rules as I took a class with Coach late last year and have been shooting with a few members @ the WRPC to get the flow of things. I also squadded with a few GM's to make the most of the match, planning on going slow and soaking everything up as much as I can.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    You will be fine!
    I was thinking from your earlier post that you had no exposure to USPSA at all.
    again I'll see you at the match,I'll be one of the slow,fat guys.

Last edited:

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Hell you shoot open anyway.
    It is not like you are GM and say that you only shoot open when you can win money and then because it is too far to drive decide to reschedule your monthly match on the same day as this
    YOU get a pass.....others however do not

Good thing we have our other GM Chris Stump that is not afraid of a little drive to represent us :) (smiley face means I am just joking around...some)

Ouch! :bowdown:

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    We are just a week out from the match starting. There are 171 registered competitors as of today. There are still 29 open slots, 14 on Saturday and 15 on Sunday. If you want to shoot, you can still register and pay online atWarsaw Rifle and Pistol Club

Staff check-in will be available Thursday afternoon from 4pm until 7pm and Friday morning 7:30am until 9:30am. Shooters meeting for staff and Friday competitors will be at 9:45am, shooting starts at 10am. Match check-in for Saturday and Sunday competitors will be available Friday afternoon from 4pm until 7pm, Saturday 7am until 6pm, and Sunday 7am until 8:30am.

All day Saturday squads will have a shooters meeting in front of the clubhouse Saturday at 8:45am. The half day squads will have a shooters meeting at 1:15pm in front of the clubhouse on Saturday then Sunday morning you may report directly to the appropriate stage by 8:55am. All day Sunday squads will have a shooters meeting in front of the clubhouse at 8:45am Sunday morning.

Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club will have pulled pork and sides for sale at lunch on Saturday and Sunday for $6.00. The club also has a very nice Springfield Armory 1911 “RO” customized by Neil Keller of Kustom Ballistics that will be raffled off on Sunday afternoon. The gun will be displayed in the clubhouse Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Raffle tickets are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.

See you on the range,
    Bob Ferguson
    Match Director

Top Bottom