• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You're welcome! :)
    Also, I was in error. SB 181 did pass Second Reading yesterday and was engrossed. I have not yet looked to see if it's on Third Reading today.

SB 181 passed Third Reading in the Senate. Unanimously. :eek: :faint:

It now goes to the House, first to committee (not sure as yet which committee), then hopefully, on to the House floor for Second and Third Readings, and finally to Gov. Pence to finally be wiped from the Code like the bad dream it should have been from the start.

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

It now goes to the House, first to committee (not sure as yet which committee), then hopefully, on to the House floor for Second and Third Readings, and finally to Gov. Pence to finally be wiped from the Code like the bad dream it should have been from the start.

Blessings,
    Bill

:eek: indeed!

:laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Blessings,
    Bill

:wow:!
    I know this is the one that allowed guns on state property (mainly state colleges) is there an exemption for the capital? I have not read the bill but figured it would still be a :nono: in downtown Indy where the state captial is at. Is that true?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :wow:!
    I know this is the one that allowed guns on state property (mainly state colleges) is there an exemption for the capital? I have not read the bill but figured it would still be a :nono: in downtown Indy where the state captial is at. Is that true?

Sorry, Jedi, you're thinking of SB 97.
    SB 181 is the one on automatic knives. We're halfway to decriminalizing switchblades.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I agree, John, and it seems we're getting more and more pro-2A legislators every year, too. For reference's sake, I usually go directly to Indiana General Assembly: Home, or to go directly to the current list of bills, Indiana General Assembly.
    In years past, I'd have sent people to Indiana General Assembly(subject listing) as well, but this year, the "weapons" (:rolleyes:) heading only shows SB 181 and HB 1571, and I'm not sure where the other bills relevant to our interests have ended up classified.
    It's good, I think, for us to be able to see things like SB 97 and SB 130, but it would be easy to miss things like SB 555 and HB 1473 and more importantly, the trash (HB 1571) proposed by Rep. Vernon Smith, which, to prevent anyone missing it, is Indiana's own version of an AWB. To Rep. Smith's credit, however, at least he was honest about what he's looking to ban: Full auto and convertible semi-auto. None of this "military feature" or "pistol grip/flash hider" stuff, he just wants to ban the guns that shoot or can shoot lots of bullets quickly. I completely disagree with him as to the appropriateness of doing so, but I respect that at least he doesn't beat around the bush.
    Anyway, I hope these links help some folks out there. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Anyone have any updates on SB97? It's of particular interest to me. I have already fired of several emails but haven't received a response.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As of right now, it is still stalled in committee. Sen. Long obviously has not decided what he wants to do with it other than "let it die". I also have written repeatedly, without notable effect. I'm not sure what it's going to take.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SB97 -- Possession of firearms on state property. No new action in Feb.
    SB130 -- Indiana firearms freedom act. No new action in Feb.
    SB181 -- Knives with automatic blades. No new action in Feb.
    SB555 -- Indiana firearms reciprocity license. No new action in Feb.
    SB595 -- Sentencing for crimes involving a firearm. No new action in Feb.
    HB1473 -- Possession of firearms on school property. No new action in Feb.
    HB1571 -- Automatic and semiautomatic weapons. No new action in Feb. (Thankfully)
    HB1586 -- Lifetime unlimited handgun license fees. No new action in Feb.

Top Bottom