• jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Stages are posted

Click here

Here is the original big time midwest championship match, if you liked the Ohio Section then you will love this one. Many of the same RO staff will also be working this match.

Squads are filling fast, over 200 have already signed up

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    so what do you guys think of the stages

Brent did them in Google Sketch up, all the bays sizes were put in so the stages will look very close to what you see on paper
    (just remember on stage 7 it is the long rifle bay)

direland

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Martinsville, IN

Brent did them in Google Sketch up, all the bays sizes were put in so the stages will look very close to what you see on paper
    (just remember on stage 7 it is the long rifle bay)

I like the fact that there is an attempt to give us a concept of scale; however, that does not mean that I will shoot any better. I do like the speed stages.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I think we are going to start using more of them on Thursday nights too.

Cool. See ya tonight.

Haven't spent a lot of time looking at them yet, but they look good. Not very SS or PD friendly (which is a GOOD thing, ie it's not all 8+8+8+8 segments). Will take some planning on reloads as there'll be a lot of options in how to divide up the plan. All attributes of good stages. :)

What is that in the middle of stage 2, a bridge or something?

-rvb

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Cool stages and sketches.
    Jake a couple of questions. Stage 2 what is that in the middle of the course the brown thing and at the end where you engage darkhouse targets is that a low port that requires going prone or a wall that has to be leaned around? Kinda hard to tell from sketch.
    Also stage 11 has some long shots, but as never having been to this range about how far are we talking?
    Looks like FUN can't wait.
    Thanks

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Cool stages and sketches.
    Jake a couple of questions. Stage 2 what is that in the middle of the course the brown thing and at the end where you engage darkhouse targets is that a low port that requires going prone or a wall that has to be leaned around? Kinda hard to tell from sketch.
    Also stage 11 has some long shots, but as never having been to this range about how far are we talking?
    Looks like FUN can't wait.
    Thanks

Last years match had shots out to 38 yards I believe. This stage, if it is the bay I am thinking, probably 25-30 yards.

There aren't many bays that can utilize distance at Warsaw, but where there is an opportunity, they take advantage of it...GREAT MIX! GREAT CLUB!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Stage 2, it is an obstacle ;) that will be within the fault lines and will have to be shot from (we used it last year)

it will be a port, not necessary to go prone, unless you want to....although it might be easier, that will be an option.

I don't think there will be anything over 40 yards, but yes on stage 11 and actually stage 7.

The layout is as follows starting at the top
    Bay 1 - stage 1
    Bay 2 - stage 2
    Bay 3 - stage 3
    Bay 4 - stages 4,5,6
    Bay 5 - stage 7 (this is the middle bay on the rifle range)
    Chrono
    All lower bays
    Bay 6 - stage 8
    Bay 7 - Stage 9
    Bay 8 - Stage 10 (this is the wide bay)
    Bay 9 - Stage 11 (this is the back wide angle bay)

Ryan you are correct, it is not 8,8,8 etc, or even 6,6,6
    some of the stages are little more straight forward, others I think will have 300 different ways that they will be shot.

I don't think that the only options on a stage are whether you go right or left to start, I believe that if you are moving then you should be shooting and not just running from place to place, that is stupid.
    We have done the silly human trick starts, this time, straight forward starts this time, I like to switch that up every other year.

Top Bottom