• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IN! Pending all the usual stuff....

As long as this is a "for fun" outing and not a true competition, I'm game. I haven't played regularly in year. Time to dust off the clubs!

I'll try to drum up some non-shooting golfers.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This entire event will be focused around having a good time. I know a couple of people who are very serious, so I tend to put them with people like themselves, so they don't kill everyone's good time. Even if you haven't played in a long time, remember, we will be going after some great prizes and it's for our kind of charity.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I don't know about you guys, but Golf does nothing but raise my blood pressure.....I would be interested as long as no one is carrying, so I'm out!! lol....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't know about you guys, but Golf does nothing but raise my blood pressure.....I would be interested as long as no one is carrying, so I'm out!! lol....

I'll be getting with you on some special cuts we'll need for the steel. I'm trying to think of some golf related stuff, but it won't be easy. I'll get with Cru, I'm sure he can come up with some ideas.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I might be interested.... Haven't played golf in 3 years, but this might get me to dust off the sticks.

That's great! We would love to have you. I will be meeting with the club professionals next week to work out the details, including a date.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

I've carried while golfing many times, and never had a problem. But then again my temper isn't quite as bad as some people. :cool:

Although sometimes I do take the gun off and put it in one of the bag pockets so it doesn't get in the way of my swing.

I'm gonna try to be there, pending the date and all. Sounds like its time to get out and practice some before this ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm still in if someone will teach me!

If not, I'll be Happy Gilmoring it with a hockey stick! :D

Nope! You will only sell your gun (since you think it's CRAZY to have more than one :rolleyes:) and go out and buy a set of clubs. And then you'll start purchasing the newest driver and putter every year and spending ALL your time on the golf course and none on here... wait... I'll be glad to give you a few lessons. :thumbsup:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nope! You will only sell your gun (since you think it's CRAZY to have more than one :rolleyes:) and go out and buy a set of clubs. And then you'll start purchasing the newest driver and putter every year and spending ALL your time on the golf course and none on here... wait... I'll be glad to give you a few lessons. :thumbsup:

Hmm I wonder what will happen if I NEG rep a MOD? Hmm...

:D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm still in if someone will teach me!

If not, I'll be Happy Gilmoring it with a hockey stick! :D
    I can meet you at the el-cheapo Pittsboro course sometime, if you want. They have a driving range and a nice, flat, easy course to start on. Might want to wait until spring, though. Unless you want to try fluorescent balls in the snow.

Golf is pretty easy to learn, but impossible to master. Kinda like shooting. Only, instead of learning to protect yourself, you get to hook up with supermodels, marry one, keep hooking up with chicks, get beat with your own clubs, wreck your car, get divorced, and ...... OK, nothing like shooting!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can meet you at the el-cheapo Pittsboro course sometime, if you want. They have a driving range and a nice, flat, easy course to start on. Might want to wait until spring, though. Unless you want to try fluorescent balls in the snow.

Golf is pretty easy to learn, but impossible to master. Kinda like shooting. Only, instead of learning to protect yourself, you get to hook up with supermodels, marry one, keep hooking up with chicks, get beat with your own clubs, wreck your car, get divorced, and ...... OK, nothing like shooting!

I know a lot of people have made it clear they like to avoid the inner circle of I-465, but the Riverside Golf Course has heated outdoor bays. You can get plenty of practice out there during the winter months.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know a lot of people have made it clear they like to avoid the inner circle of I-465, but the Riverside Golf Course has heated outdoor bays. You can get plenty of practice out there during the winter months.
    Thanks for the tip. I forgot about Riverside. Haven't played that course in, wow, a long time! If LoveMachine manages to not get banned, maybe we can arrange for some (driving) range time.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks for the tip. I forgot about Riverside. Haven't played that course in, wow, a long time! If LoveMachine manages to not get banned, maybe we can arrange for some (driving) range time.

That would be a wonderful time for some winter fun for us. They have a nice gathering area and we could even have "beverages" and bratts!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Oh he won't Ban me. He likes me :D

Like it too strong of a word. How about tolerate? ;)

Seriously, if you want to do some introductory golf lessons, just let me know. I have a friend who is the golf pro at Riverside and he doesn't mind giving some free introductory lessons. I do warn you though, it is as addicting as guns.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I would be interested, and I'm sure I could get a few golfing friends in as well.

HOWEVER, I would like to point out to all the MODS that are posting in this thread.

No "feeler" threads here. This forum is for specific INGO events only. If you're in the beginning stages of trying to put something together, and a "feeler" thread would be helpful, then post it in the appropriate forum first. eg. "Who wants to play poker?" goes in the Break Room, "Who wants to go shooting with me at XXX Range?" goes in General Firearms Discussion. Same goes for if you're trying to organize something around a non-INGO event (like "Let's meet at the Indy 1500!").

Good game, I'd call that a MOD fail.
    tank2fail.png

Top Bottom