• Total voters

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Based on your feedback in the thread "Educating The Masses" https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/120879-educating_the_masses.html, I would like to introduce an idea I have for a golf outing to take place, spring 2011. This is what I'm envisioning:

➢ Round of 18-holes with a 19-hole sponsorship.
    ➢ 15 teams, consisting of 4 golfers per team (60 golfers, total), but more if the interest dictates it.
    ➢ Individual and team prizes.
    ➢ Hole sponsors (all gun/knife related - e.g., our site sponsors, Galyans, Cabelas, Walmart, etc.).
    ➢ Hole contests (closest to the pin, longest drive, longest putt, and hole-in-one).
    ➢ Cost, approximately $200 for a team of four.
    ➢ I am looking at a couple of courses I have done outings with in the past, so it’s likely the event will take place in the general vicinity of Indianapolis.

I have spoken with their representatives and proceeds from this outing will benefit The Appleseed Project, which is a 501(c)(3) (Appleseed Project Home). The general idea is to invite our golfing friends who may not be gun enthusiasts, but enjoy a good round of golf. This will afford an opportunity to positively promote/encourage gun ownership and provide a plethora of opportunities to discuss current Indiana laws and Constitutional rights.

Also, participants will learn about Appleseed and the reason they should embrace this most precious right and possibly attend an Appleseed Shoot: “To hear the story that every American should hear. About how your forebears took up arms, on the first day of the American Revolution, and did things no other people in the world have ever done. To learn things you don't learn in school, about that day.“

Details are being worked out, but in general, I need to gauge the feasibility of this idea. To do so, I need to know how many of you would be interested in participating and getting a foursome together?

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Long guns arent counted toward the only 14 clubs in the bag rule right? :D

Seriously great idea. Reps if I have any

ETA: I did. Have a badge :cool:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I haven't touched a club since I started shooting
    I almost did before I came to Ireland but it got too hot too fast.
    That being said i might be able to drum up a foursome and its for a great cause

southern Dunes and Winding river are great at this kind of thing

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I haven't touched a club since I started shooting
    I almost did before I came to Ireland but it got too hot too fast.
    That being said i might be able to drum up a foursome and its for a great cause

southern Dunes and Winding river are great at this kind of thing

Those are two of he courses I plan to contact, along with a Buffer Park.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll go if someone will teach me how to play. I've never been golfing, but have been wanting to get into it. I live close to a course too. Tomahawk Hills.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I'm interested depending on the dates. I don't know if you want to go this far but royal hylands in knightstown is a great place for a outing. Also Smock has always treated us good.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will be working with some private donors (people who owe me favors :D), to purchase some Bobcat Steel and stands. We will set up five stands of various sizes and the attendees (not only golfers) will chip from varying distances to hit the plate. Anyone who hits the identified plate will take home the plate and stand. Entry will be $2 for a try or $5 for three. This will replace the normal long-distance putting contests you normally see at an outing. There will also be many door prizes, including ammo, flashlights, knives, camping/shtf stuff, etc.

Oh, for all of you asking to drive the beverage carts, we usually get people who are of the female persuasion to do that.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Well damn. From the title I thought it was going to be another cross-sport like my idea for skeetminton.

Nevermind, I can't afford golf.

When I was younger and much dumber..... My brother and I tossed about 100 golf balls out at the local 100 yd range and proceeded to shoot them with our Mosin Nagants. Went well for about 10 shots a piece till the RO walked over and told us we had to leave. Explained the dangers in what we were doing and then said."If you idiots weren't hollerin' FORE befor each shot ya'll took I would have never even walked over here.

I am with VUPD on this one I HATE GOLF!!!! But I too could drive a beer cart.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh, for all of you asking to drive the beverage carts, we usually get people who are of the female persuasion to do that.

So, the choice is either play golf, or hang around where the beer and the girls are? I'm gonna go ahead and say "beverage cart" for me. :thumbsup:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, every hot girl deserves a chauffeur.

We'll see how it goes, but all drivers must be single and between the ages of 18 and 25. :):

picture.php

Top Bottom