• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    If I remember correctly the rental of john boats were discussed once. But I dont think any one would volenteer to pull the shooter through the stage. But it was a great time walls, ports and anything wood was alot lighter and easier to move while it was floating on 2-3ft of water. But just think this gives setup crew longer time to make the stages better cause we set up 3 stages, now Coach and Mike have plenty of time to make all the changes they need to really get everybody thinking and cussing. Come july it will be a great mach to attend. And I am positive there were NO Steffans there just guys sweating their @%%*$ off.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Quite a bummer to have to postpone the match. I know Jake and Coach worked hard to be ready. I'm sure July will go off without a hitch.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to work it in July. I had planned my family vacation this week around the match. Being relatively new at my job, I don't have a ton of vacation, so I won't be able to get that Friday in July off. Also, my Dad is a big NASCAR fan, so as a Christmas gift I got us tickets to the race in Indy which is that Sunday.

I think I've arranged things so that I can shoot on Saturday, so I jumped in an opening on a Saturday squad. Jake, I guess I'll invoke my class win from the SS/PD match to keep my cost the same. I'm sorry I can't help work the match.

See ya on the range....

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    HA, now that would be a match.....

Yesterday was a long day.
    Call from Coach "Range flooded"
    Me "stop screwing with me"
    Coach "Daniel Hart is out strapping the port a john to the dumpster so it won't float away, that kind of flooded"
    Me "oh.....that's not good"

Hour later:
    Coach "high hows the water momma, it's 3 feet and rising....."
    (full Johnny Cash voice and black suit, not sh*tting you)
    Me "shut up, leave me alone I'm drinking......"
    Dennis Fossy "I have two words for you and its not Get Out"
    (yes is was a three way 3 call, that is my story)
    Coach "the prop door just floated by with a catfish and a a frog on it playing poker....."
    Me "bullsh*t, catfish can't hold cards"
    Huge Black " oh jee, looks a wee bit wet dont ye think, hey"
    (ok maybe a 4 way call, it's my story, "GET OUT" but not those words)

On the drive up I manage to rip something off the bottom of my car hydroplaning thru water.
    Walk thru flood water and will probably loose something to crotch rot
    Later drive over my phone on the range,
    come home and slice the tip of my middle finger almost off while opening and closing one of the prize knives Benchmade sent (f*cker is sharp) and end up going to ER to get 4 stitches.

So far rescheduling the match till July has been pretty easy!!

My advice is to start drinking heavily. [or continue, as the case may be.]

-rvb

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I spent most of yesterday afternoon hitting the phones and working on getting more donations for the prize table now that we have a few more weeks. I will update as we go.
    Right now I have updated all the squadding with the emails of people that can't make the new dates.
    We are at 234 registered shooters (were at 246 on Wednesday)
    We havev picked up several shooters with the new dates!!
    Squadding System

If you need to change anything please send me email

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Be careful playing with those prize table goodies. Wouldn't want to lose a trigger finger. 30 second jam at an area match, cut finger, ran over phone, tore something off your car, had a flood, had to cancel a state match, Coach...........Sounds like you seriously PO'd the karma god's somehow. I may shoot on another squad. You might get hit by lightning next.

Live a good clean life, don't mess with stuff that don't belong to you (like the aformentioned prize table goodies, etc.) and maybe your luck will turn around.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Be careful playing with those prize table goodies. Wouldn't want to lose a trigger finger. 30 second jam at an area match, cut finger, ran over phone, tore something off your car, had a flood, had to cancel a state match, Coach...........Sounds like you seriously PO'd the karma god's somehow. I may shoot on another squad. You might get hit by lightning next.

Live a good clean life, don't mess with stuff that don't belong to you (like the aformentioned prize table goodies, etc.) and maybe your luck will turn around.

Only rescheduled.......
    Sh*t happens and water into wine I can't do....

Anyone else having a locust problem at their house?

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Does that include playing with yourself???

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    We are getting the props off the stages today. We will re-open to the members after that. NO DRIVING on the range until further notice. Don't want the roads rutted up.
    See you all in July.

Mike

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    We 3 weeks out from "Make Ready"!!

We are back up to 243 competitors, but we still have some available slots.
    Friday = 6
    Saturday = 8
    Sunday = 9
    Squadding System

The late entry fee has been waived, so it is still only $85 to shoot the match.
    10 stages + chrono, 257 rounds

Rescheduling this has given any of you that were on the fence the chance to still come out and be a part of what is going to be the largest attended USPSA State or Sectional Championship.

I am also looking for additional staff help that can be there all three days to help work a stage.
    If you are interested email me
    jakemartens@comcast.net

Top Bottom