• ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

THE MATCH IS BEING POSTPONED TO JULY 23-24-25.

At this time we have been forces to postpone the match due to the range being flooded. With the amount of rain that the area has received over the last few days the range is under 3 to 4 feet of water. There is more rain on it way as well.

I will be sending out more details later today, however I wanted to get this information out ASAP.

We are able to move the match back to the July 23-24-25th weekend.

I am sorry for any incovience that this may cause.

It is our intentions to keep everything the same as it right now. I will leave self squadding up as it is.

Again I apologize for this, and I will be sending out more details later this morning.

So you get and understanding of the conditions on the range:

[URL="http://community.webshots.com/album/578001881iYKCnm"]http://community.webshots.com/album/578001881iYKCnm[/URL]

So I take it there won't be a match in Indiana this weekend.:dunno:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Id rather lick the rear of a dead possum:rockwoot:

HA, now that would be a match.....

Yesterday was a long day.
    Call from Coach "Range flooded"
    Me "stop screwing with me"
    Coach "Daniel Hart is out strapping the port a john to the dumpster so it won't float away, that kind of flooded"
    Me "oh.....that's not good"

Hour later:
    Coach "high hows the water momma, it's 3 feet and rising....."
    (full Johnny Cash voice and black suit, not sh*tting you)
    Me "shut up, leave me alone I'm drinking......"
    Dennis Fossy "I have two words for you and its not Get Out"
    (yes is was a three way 3 call, that is my story)
    Coach "the prop door just floated by with a catfish and a a frog on it playing poker....."
    Me "bullsh*t, catfish can't hold cards"
    Huge Black " oh jee, looks a wee bit wet dont ye think, hey"
    (ok maybe a 4 way call, it's my story, "GET OUT" but not those words)

On the drive up I manage to rip something off the bottom of my car hydroplaning thru water.
    Walk thru flood water and will probably loose something to crotch rot
    Later drive over my phone on the range,
    come home and slice the tip of my middle finger almost off while opening and closing one of the prize knives Benchmade sent (f*cker is sharp) and end up going to ER to get 4 stitches.

So far rescheduling the match till July has been pretty easy!!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Guess I'll pack a cooler full of beer and head to the GF's dads pool, and all the 15 and twenty something girls that show up to cool off.
    Packing my dark wrap around shades.

But I'd rather be shooting, how messed up is that?

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Rescheduling of 2010 Indiana USPSA Section Championship
    At this time we have been forced to postpone the match due to the range being flooded. With the amount of rain that the area has received over the last few days the range is under 3 to 4 feet of water. There is more rain on it way as well.
    Pictures:
    http://community.web...578001881iYKCnm

We are able to move the match back to the July 23-24-25th weekend.

I am sorry for any inconvience that this may cause. It is our intentions to keep everything the same as it right now. I will leave self squadding up as it is.
    Even if the water were to receed there would be no way that we could get stages built in time for the match. Plus the conditions on the actual bays will most likely be unsafe.

I have already received several responses back from competitors offering to help if needed for next month, and that they will be there for sure!!
    It has been said before, but the shooting community is definitly full of truely amazing people!!
    I have been in contact with Gary Stevens with regards to this as well. Gary was a big help in offering advice on how to proceed.

Again thanks for your understanding and patience. Trust me when I say that this is the last thing that we wanted to. Several of us have been working on this match, the details etc since October of last year.

Atlanta Conservation Club, its board and Mike Thompson are great in saying "Whatever it takes, we will have the match here next month"

Almost all of the staff have made schedule changes and have offered to be available for July as well.

It is great to be able to surround yourself with folks like this!!

I have received a few emails about competitors not being able to make it that weekend, and I am sorry that you can't and any incovience that this may cause (trust me I undertand)
    Please understand that everything has been bought for the match, everything but ice for the coolers was ready to go.
    We are not cancelling, just rescheduling. I spoke in length with Gary Stevens (Area 5 Director) about this situation and how to proceed.

I will mail you your match shirt, anyone that was entered in for the M&P Pro drawing still will be. Everyone that still comes to shoot the match will now also be entered in to win the certificate for a free Glock that was donated by Glock.

However until we hold the match and then see what is left will I be able to determine what if any or partial amount of refund will be available.

So as it stands right now if you can't make the new date I will mail your shirt (as cheaply as possible) and you will still be entered to win the S&W M&P 9mm Pro.

If you come to the match on the new date you will now also be entered to win the certificate for a Glock.

Thanks for your understanding,

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Well crap, there goes my weekend plans. I was thinking about coming out to see the match. You can't do much about mother nature. I'm sure it will be a great event in July.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    IN Match Staff,
    Thanks for your hard work to make this match happen. You can't control the weather, and I appreciate you making the hard call of postponing the match ASAP. I watched the Iowa / South Dakota Sectional last Summer, where several of the stages had 3" of standing water in them (huge downpour). The competitors sprinted through the slop, and you had to have a "spotter" watch where you did your mag changes, or you you might lose your mags! I'm thankful you guys had the guts and common sense to postpone, so that we can have a smooth running match in July.
    Thanks again,
    Chuck

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    HTFU, its only water! :D

I had an idea for a stage...

20070826navysealsfootrpints.jpg

Top Bottom