• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I just looked at Metro's calender, and with the exception of June 20-21 for the GSSF Match, May & June are wide open.

Unless IndyParks gets off their a$$ and hires some more people for me, we will be closed Saturday's for the foreseeable future, so the idea of doing this on a Saturday has merit.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Y'all'd be wise to take Lovemywoods up on his offer to help cook...I'm just sayin'!

Also, the entire month of May is out for me. June is better and July is preferred!!!

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    There should be at least 6 picnic tables there, maybe 7 or 8 ft long. I think I have a couple 8ft folding tables stashed somewhere, too.

A smallish gas grill is usually present. I have a horizontal smoker that can also be used to cook direct. I don't mind bringing it.

I'm willing to ante up 10.00 or so towards meat and bring a side dish.

We talked a couple weeks ago about having a memorial picnic for Eric Rader this spring. Would I be too presumptuous to try to tie that event in with this?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    if you come up with a for sure date I would have my wife take that day off then I would down for sure, and bring some ribs and wings:rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We talked a couple weeks ago about having a memorial picnic for Eric Rader this spring. Would I be too presumptuous to try to tie that event in with this?

This is INGO. Rader was INGO. Cox is INGO.

I don't see any issues in honoring both. :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm in, only date I have a problem with is if it's on June the 6th. For some unseen reason besides me getting all fuzzy about it being WWII's D-Day:patriot:
    It's also going to be my 22nd wedding anniversary so if I don't spend that day with her she'll be laying down suppressing :ar15: fire on me!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We will be there. We(grumpe likes it when I use we)could provide pops to sell,donated to raise a little money for all those who work so hard around here. And pitch in some food as well.The only thing I would not like is limiting the number of people...I want to meet 2k+ INgunowners :) Limit on the number of shooters would be very understandable though. If we had 1k show up we would probably make the news lol.Tell me a date and if possible I may try and arrange a little suprize for everyone.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Dates to keep in mind:

Sunday, May 10: Mother's Day. (So, shouldn't interfere since the Boys aren't available until the 16th).

Monday, May 25: Memorial Day. (Race on Sunday, LOTS of traffic on west side the whole week...).

Sunday, June 21: Father's Day. (While somehow appropriate since this is a mostly testosterone-based forum, I'm going to guess family obligations might get in the way.)

Saturday, July 4: Independence Day. (Incredibly fitting, but again with the family obligations.)

Personally, I can tell you I'll be unavailable Father's Day weekend, and Lars and I expect to be completely anti-social the entire month of July.

Based on comments so far, I'm looking at June 13 as probably the best date so far....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom