• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I bought mine several years ago for 109, I sanded down my stock and refinished it. I didnt quite get the color i wanted out of it, it lightened up quite a bit more than i thought it would. But i put so much time into it, so i decided to leave it. Now i dont mind it one bit, lol. It shoots straight as can be, though the kick is quite bad.. But after a few shots the shoulder numbs up and im good to go all day.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a feeling in 5 or 10 years when dealers and foreign supply starts to dry up we will look back at 150-200 dollar Nagants and think what a great deal.

I hope I am wrong.

I have 4 of them from a Finnish M27 to a Russian M38. They will probably be given to my children when I die because I will never sell them. Same goes for all my surplus bolt rifles.

Gorath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    New Albany, IN
    I'll be honest, I went to a dealer in New Albany and picked mine up for $170, but if I had bought it from Aim Surplus ($140), after shipping, and an FFL Transfer I would have ended up waiting 2-3 weeks and paid about $180 anyway. So considering how good the condition is of this one I bought is in post scare I think $170 was a good deal.

MSb0Z6e.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll be honest, I went to a dealer in New Albany and picked mine up for $170, but if I had bought it from Aim Surplus ($140), after shipping, and an FFL Transfer I would have ended up waiting 2-3 weeks and paid about $180 anyway. So considering how good the condition is of this one I bought is in post scare I think $170 was a good deal.

MSb0Z6e.jpg
    That's what's nice about having a C&R license... No FFL fee for these old guns. :D $138 and change from AIM, to my door. The $30 C&R license fee pretty much pays for itself after the first order, and definitely by the second. Here's the thing though, even though you paid $170, which is a little high in Mosin-world, where else are you going to find a centerfire rifle for that price, that packs a punch like the Mosin, and uses ammo that is almost as cheap as rimfire? :)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Freedom, Indiana

MSb0Z6e.jpg

AIM charges $18 to ship. My LGS charges $20 for transfers. Mine arrived in 4 days including the weekend.
    $39 saved me an hour+ drive, fuel, several inconveniences, and a very short wait.
    To each his own?...lol
    (BTW, my total expense was $138)

Gorath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    New Albany, IN
    That's what's nice about having a C&R license... No FFL fee for these old guns. :D $138 and change from AIM, to my door. The $30 C&R license fee pretty much pays for itself after the first order, and definitely by the second. Here's the thing though, even though you paid $170, which is a little high in Mosin-world, where else are you going to find a centerfire rifle for that price, that packs a punch like the Mosin, and uses ammo that is almost as cheap as rimfire? :)

Yeah, punch and not to mention how accurate this thing was. As for cheap ammo, I have a box of this on the way:

Russian 7.62x54r 440rd Can

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Here's a $200 91/30 refurb from Allan's Armory. A virtually unused 1942 Izhevsk (note pristine bore), wearing a new post-war laminate stock. These don't grow on trees, and don't sell for $100 - even though they made millions of them that particular year. But think about it - what are the chances of a 1942 Mosin making it through the war virtually unused and un-abused - then refurbed post-war and put into a brand new laminate stock! This one happens to shoot as good as it looks! The force-matched numbers from refurbishment are all neatly stamped with no line-outs. It's currently my favorite - I like it better than any other Mosin that I own (including my 6 Finnish Mosins, 4 of which are unissued late date M39s - as well as my 2 PU snipers and 4 carbines). Guess what - this 91/30 will outshoot all of the Finns except one (certainly outshoots the carbines) and it is one of my least expensive Mosins!

To me this rifle is worth much more than $200!

Moral of this story is price depends on condition and what it is. There are too many Mosin models in too many different conditions to lump together. Then there are the VERY special ones that really speak to you - ones you get close to and almost feel affection for, because they always make you feel good when you shoot them. Those are priceless.

Les

DSCN0429-1_zps85f9a0f6.jpg

AD9812D3-82AD-4D83-9560-407D37939C23-4147-000006116C5E6BB8-1_zpsc887b35c.jpg

you running corrosive ammo through that beauty?

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    you running corrosive ammo through that beauty?

Thanks! I would say that 95+% of the time I shoot handloads through my Mosins. This one has never seen milsurp ammo since I got it. It seems to like 180gr Sierra 2310s over 48.6gr H4350 in neck-sized Privi brass with WLR primers at 3.00" OAL.

Les

Top Bottom