• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If the breakdown has anything to do with the problems we all see and recognize, I would suggest it, in and of itself is not a cause but another symptom. I know some of you guys are engineers. As engineers, you are familiar with problems solving and problem solving techniques. Is the family breakdown really the root cause? Or can you ask more "why" questions and drill even deeper. For example "why are the families breaking down?" If you say, as one poster suggested, it is because of government handouts, then why would folks taking food stamps or WIC or whatever be drawn into such family structures? Why are people becoming more inclined to seek out and sign up for such handouts? There are probably many ways you could take this troubleshooting tree but I'm not sure there is more than one or 2 legitimate root causes...and one of which, I would lean upon, can't be discussed here, on this forum.

Yes, there is a deeper root cause. But as you've noted: its discussion is verboten.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Then some of y'all need to start accepting my offer to buy your coffee for you. :) (Unless it's a policy thing?) At least three different Starbucks, in three different cities, I've offered, and always get politely declined.

I always politely decline when someone offers to buy my coffee or lunch. Sometimes they accept that and sometimes they don't. ;) I do know that some departments have a policy against accepting such things.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Just got back from town. I went to Donut Bank and bought a mixed dozen. When I told the girl what they were for she got choked up and said what a great idea. I then went to the police substation at Columbia and Governor. I had to get buzzed in the outer door by a woman who looked very apprehensive. Then there was a locked inner door with a speaker. I told her I was there bearing gifts of peace. She opened the door and stood in it. I could see an officer in plain clothes off to the side looking at me. When he saw the donut box he smiled and waved. I told the lady that I appreciated what they are doing for me and how sorry I was about the way some dirt bags treat police. I wished her a Merry Christmas. She was very touched. I even commented that I picked donuts that I like in case she made me eat one to prove they weren't poison! (Unfortunately, she didn't take the bait.) She laughed and wished me merry Christmas too.

Now that my good deed is done for Christmas I can go back to being typical Southern Indiana hill billy scum.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just got back from town. I went to Donut Bank and bought a mixed dozen. When I told the girl what they were for she got choked up and said what a great idea. I then went to the police substation at Columbia and Governor. I had to get buzzed in the outer door by a woman who looked very apprehensive. Then there was a locked inner door with a speaker. I told her I was there bearing gifts of peace. She opened the door and stood in it. I could see an officer in plain clothes off to the side looking at me. When he saw the donut box he smiled and waved. I told the lady that I appreciated what they are doing for me and how sorry I was about the way some dirt bags treat police. I wished her a Merry Christmas. She was very touched. I even commented that I picked donuts that I like in case she made me eat one to prove they weren't poison! (Unfortunately, she didn't take the bait.) She laughed and wished me merry Christmas too.

Now that my good deed is done for Christmas I can go back to being typical Southern Indiana hill billy scum.
    Outstanding. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You forgot to include bully. You have to get it all in there so folks know where you stand.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Let me know if you ever make it to Indy, I'll take you out for donuts.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "The police officer is a s**t magnet of the community. Every little prick with a daddy authority problem is out there to throw stuff at him." Clinton A. Smith.

No one deserves the wrath of the Jacobins. This rejection of the rule of law by our politicians must stop. It is the only way to restore our Liberty.

Without the rule of law the Jacobins will establish the Committee for Public Safety and the National Razor will go to work yet again. Anarchy only brings despotism and this is what the Jacobins want.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom