• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Hah no joke. You bringing that 6 shooter again Sunday or are you going to pack something that will give me a run for my money?

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I'm out of ammo for revolver, so I'm back to shooting an auto. But..... I will be running my AR, so Steel and Wood will have something to laugh at!

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Well evo as good as you did with that revolver shooting against all the autos you held your ground. Looking forward to seeing you with your ar after the story's I heard. So is that for practice for the charity to gun? I am glad that you guys there are always welcome new shooters. Might just bring my ar for just in case lol

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    CZ .........I sooooo wanna see you with your revolver, after one is empty, are you gonna pull out 3 or 4 more to keep on pace with every one?

How did ya do with your AR? I range our 300 yard gong today.....once I did it offhand......

We are looking real good for the 7th.....new dirt on the hills,2nd pistol bay should be done,food has been bought, (inside) bathrooms got cleaned.......and I have a surprise for you guys with muzzle brakes......your gonna hate me..........

Aaron

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    What a great day. The guys and I had a blast, and will definitely be back.
    The facility was great, stages were well designed, match was well organized, and the people were super-friendly (and patient with us new guys).
    Sorry we couldn’t stay for the after match dinner. We’ll budget more time on our next visit.

Thanks to everyone that put so much hard work into making this a great match.

-Matt

IMG_0535.JPGIMG_0536.JPGIMG_0533.JPGIMG_0538.JPG

Last edited:

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Well evo as good as you did with that revolver shooting against all the autos you held your ground. Looking forward to seeing you with your ar after the story's I heard. So is that for practice for the charity to gun? I am glad that you guys there are always welcome new shooters. Might just bring my ar for just in case lol

S&W,

I don't know what kind of stories you had heard about me and my AR, but unless it was "he doesn't know how to run one", then it probably wasn't true!

It was great to see you again!

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    CZ .........I sooooo wanna see you with your revolver, after one is empty, are you gonna pull out 3 or 4 more to keep on pace with every one?

How did ya do with your AR? I range our 300 yard gong today.....once I did it offhand......

We are looking real good for the 7th.....new dirt on the hills,2nd pistol bay should be done,food has been bought, (inside) bathrooms got cleaned.......and I have a surprise for you guys with muzzle brakes......your gonna hate me..........

Aaron

Aaron- I shoot stainless N and L frames. If I had to drop one and draw another, i would have to hire a caddy! The N frame with all the .45 ACP ammo makes my belt cry when I gear up.

AR shooting did not go as well as I had hoped.

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    cz
    It was great meeting you. Thanks again for your patience helping us all become accustomed to the TSA match procedures.

By the way. The PM feature blocked your contact info (skynet level crap), so I can't even see that until I hit 50 posts :)
    Feel free to re-send, but spell out the numbers or something.
    thanks

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Matt, Carl, and the crew-

It was a real pleasure to shoot with all of you, and I hope to get the chance to do it again soon! Maybe with my PCC next time

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Dtwentythree thank you for posting the videos. It was good meeting you guy and a great match. Thanks to all you guys for stepping up and helping out. These are a great bunch of guys here glad everyone came out to enjoy the match.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Good looking courses.....if you like those, you are sooooo gonna love the stages we have layed out for you in October.......our file range is 300 yards long by 200 plus yards wide....and I am trying my best to use every bit of that..... .... Lots of steel targets....out past 250 yards, but as close as 35 yards

Hope some one comes and puts up video on you tube

zx7rcatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Madison area
    Good looking courses.....if you like those, you are sooooo gonna love the stages we have layed out for you in October.......our file range is 300 yards long by 200 plus yards wide....and I am trying my best to use every bit of that..... .... Lots of steel targets....out past 250 yards, but as close as 35 yards

Hope some one comes and puts up video on you tube
    I like the sound of that!

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    TSA Videos!!! Finally

CZ - Looks like scores are out. Mind walking me through the scoring? I assume Raw is your run time, mut it is unclear to me what PCD, HNT, FTN, and M mean on the score sheets. Mind educating myself and some of the others?

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    CZ - Looks like scores are out. Mind walking me through the scoring? I assume Raw is your run time, mut it is unclear to me what PCD, HNT, FTN, and M mean on the score sheets. Mind educating myself and some of the others?

From reviewing the individual "shooter" tabs (I'm learning as well):
    PD (points down = x1 second)
    PCD (procedural = x3 seconds)
    HNT (hit non-threat = x10 seconds)
    FTN (failure to neutralize = x5 seconds)
    M (miss = x5 seconds)

Sound about right?

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Ok guys,
    D23 is correct on his breakdown of the penalties. BillD is correct on the abbreviations.

MJ, i have not seen the scores yet. Let me check them out and I will get back with you.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton

PCD- procedural
    HNT- Hit on Non-Threat
    FTN- Failure to Neutralize (any target that doesn't have at least one round in the 1 or 0 zones. Any target that was skipped or just all-out missed would also have an FTN.

Top Bottom