• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I've been treated the same way at BGF on the 2 occasions I went there and will never return. Actions speak louder than words, I took my business elsewhere. I agree with the OP on how he felt AND how he handled it.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I would do the same. If they don't want my business, I take it somewhere else. I am not going to get in a pissing match with them. Life's too short.

:+1::+1:

Same here. If I am going to give someone my hard earned money for an item they want to sell, I expect at least a minimal amount of courtesy and respect. If they don't feel like they need to do that, I will take my money elsewhere.

It's not my job to educate a retailer in customer service.

Shootsforfun

Expert
    Sep 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, IMO even their response is well, sort of rude..They are forgetting one really big rule of customer service....The customer is always right.......Their response basically states what the customer should have done in their eyes.. IT doesn't really apologize just gives excuses......just my 2 cents....

tom1025

Master
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Wow, IMO even their response is well, sort of rude..They are forgetting one really big rule of customer service....The customer is always right.......Their response basically states what the customer should have done in their eyes.. IT doesn't really apologize just gives excuses......just my 2 cents....

How's there response rude? He apologized and simply asked Op to either pm or send an email with more info so it can be addressed. What more do you expect?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't think CS's response was rude at all, either.

He was not defensive nor dismissive and for that I respect him addressing this complaint.

I hope he communicates to the clerks what behavior is expected also, but that's entirely up to that shops perceived standards.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Apr 25, 2011
    That's funny. I love BGF and I think the other three stores you mentioned suck.

Lol.

I'm not from Indy, but visit family there every few months.

BGF consistently has higher prices, less quantity, and poor service when compared to PSS or Bradis.

The only thing good about the place is the owner IMO.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Lol @ this thread and the fact that it even exists. BGF replied as I expected them to and some of you still aren't happy. Fact is no site advertising gun shop should have to get on here to do damage control....adults voice their complaints in person or by phone.

tom1025

Master
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Lol.

I'm not from Indy, but visit family there every few months.

BGF consistently has higher prices, less quantity, and poor service when compared to PSS or Bradis.

The only thing good about the place is the owner IMO.

To each is there own. I don't like PSS simply because of the smoke. I hadn't been in there for a few years so maybe that has changed. I always feel like the person behind the counter is talking down to me at the other two.

As far as price goes I think they are comparable to the rest. It's a 60 mile round trip to the west side for me so the few dollars I might save go into the gas tank. IMO if $20 price differences is going to break the bank then I probably shouldn't be spending the money in the first place.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Apr 25, 2011
    To each is there own. I don't like PSS simply because of the smoke. I hadn't been in there for a few years so maybe that has changed. I always feel like the person behind the counter is talking down to me at the other two.

As far as price goes I think they are comparable to the rest. It's a 60 mile round trip to the west side for me so the few dollars I might save go into the gas tank. IMO if $20 price differences is going to break the bank then I probably shouldn't be spending the money in the first place.

In all fairness at PSS I only deal with Bob, so I can't really speak of the service from his employees. And yes, the smoke is a little much.

The prices that I have seen were normally $100+ on multiple items, so I would think it's worth the gas.

tom1025

Master
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    In all fairness at PSS I only deal with Bob, so I can't really speak of the service from his employees. And yes, the smoke is a little much.

The prices that I have seen were normally $100+ on multiple items, so I would think it's worth the gas.

The first time I stepped foot into BGF they had ITP price beat by $30.00 on a new S&W air weight 38 my wife bought. They were so friendly and helpful I haven't been anywhere else since. Since then I have purchased four more guns, grips, magazines and ammo.

Booya

Expert
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Lol @ this thread and the fact that it even exists. BGF replied as I expected them to and some of you still aren't happy. Fact is no site advertising gun shop should have to get on here to do damage control....adults voice their complaints in person or by phone.

I disagree. This entire statement could be flipped around to say the employees weren't acting as adults not the OP. the "some of you still aren't happy" comment is just as senseless. They responded with a "PM me". So what. That doesn't fix the issue that several here seemed to have experienced. You're right every business shouldn't have to come on here to do damage control, that should be prevented by good customer service. If that can't be provided, then you SHOULD expect to do damage control, publicly. If you don't cause damage there will never be damage control. I don't usually complain online either, but this adult doesn't on plain FTF or on the phone. I just walk on to the next place.

Funny though, how you insinuate these people with complaints are childish. If you don't give people a reason to change, they won't.

Again, I've never been to BGF, and if I'm in the area, I'll still go. These online moments don't effect me directly, I give every business the same opportunity to earn my business!

dubsac

Master
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis

you think the smoke is bad there you should step foot in elmores

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I disagree. This entire statement could be flipped around to say the employees weren't acting as adults not the OP. the "some of you still aren't happy" comment is just as senseless. They responded with a "PM me". So what. That doesn't fix the issue that several here seemed to have experienced. You're right every business shouldn't have to come on here to do damage control, that should be prevented by good customer service. If that can't be provided, then you SHOULD expect to do damage control, publicly. If you don't cause damage there will never be damage control. I don't usually complain online either, but this adult doesn't on plain FTF or on the phone. I just walk on to the next place.

Funny though, how you insinuate these people with complaints are childish. If you don't give people a reason to change, they won't.

Again, I've never been to BGF, and if I'm in the area, I'll still go. These online moments don't effect me directly, I give every business the same opportunity to earn my business!

You are right. It is soooo much easier to leave the store, drive to other shops and then come home and hide behind the computer then it would be to ask for a manager or pick up the telephone. :rolleyes: I don't roll that way and I'm sorry if you do.

This thread did NOT accomplish one thing. The complaint was made. BGF found out about it and asked the OP to contact them. No business is going to get into a public pissing match with a member on here and I don't blame them.

We all complain about things on here but I believe it is poor form to start a -1 thread for a business to find. All it does is allow enough time for other members to jump in.:noway:

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Allow me to point something out..

If I avoided every gun shop that got 1 or 2 negative reviews on INGO, I would have nowhere in Indiana left to shop..

Just my :twocents:

This^^^, and you can include any department store, grocery store, gas station, etc.

Give them another chance. Greg, Michelle and their staff are really great people to do business with.

Top Bottom