• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Feb 20, 2010
    The missus and I were out and about today and stopped in BGF to check it out and see pricing on a .17HMR for her son as well as some AR parts for myself. Found the place pretty easy and it wasn't crowded at all. (This was about 3 o'clock.) When we walked it the place looked pretty good and there was less than a dozen people inside including the people behind the counter. We walked around a bit then walked up to the gun counter where the .22's were. A couple of the guys behind the counter were chatting and pretty much ignored us. After about 5 minutes one of them asked what we needed. I asked him about a .17HMR and he kinda sighed and walked over to the east end and started looking through them. He found one and handed it to me without even opening the bolt to make sure it was cleared. I cleared it before giving it to her to check out. We discussed the price and she said she wanted to think about it. I handed the gun back to him and he seemed upset we didn't want it right then. (She was wanting to wait a bit since she knew I still wanted to look around, not that she didn't want it at all.) I asked him about AR parts and he said they didn't have any, just guns. I asked him about Magpul stuff and he said they have a little bit of them on the other side and I would have to go over there and talk to Steve about them. I walked over there and the guy behind the Magpul case walked away. I said excuse me I have a couple of questions and he just looked at me and walked around the corner. and started chatting with the woman behind the counter. I waited a few minutes then when he didn't come over I decided it was time to leave before I said something out of place.
    Their rudeness cost them a rifle sale and an accessories sale. Plus any future business I would bring or recommend. I will not be suggesting this place to anyone in the future. I had heard good things about this place and surprised at their poor attitudes. I gave it a -2 due to their attitude and rudeness towards each of us.
    On a side note I called Indy Tactical, PSS and Bradis to see if they had a .17HMR rifle in stock. I was treated respectfully by all of them and my questions were answered without any problems. Ended up going to Bradis and got a better rifle for less money.
    Dan

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Feb 20, 2010
    Have you talked to anyone at Beech Grove Firearms and voiced your complaints?
    No. After he ignored me I didn't want to remain in the building. I don't foresee myself going in and telling them so I posted here so they could address it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Can't win them all, sometimes folks just have a bad day...I imagine black Friday late in the afternoon would be one of them. In the fire service we use the chain of comand...addressing the situation man to man is always preferred first.

tom1025

Master
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Can't win them all, sometimes folks just have a bad day...I imagine black Friday late in the afternoon would be one of them. In the fire service we use the chain of comand...addressing the situation man to man is always preferred first.

I agree. Address the issue while its happening. But then again where's the fun at in that when you can bash them on the internet.

Booya

Expert
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Temporary situation with a superficial outcome.

I've never been to BGF, but I loe the way everyone defends the LGS's here. Sometimes a business just burns a bridge with the first impression. I've had things like this happen, and to be honest, I didn't address it "man to man. F em, if they did once they'll do it again. There are plenty of other business' that will impress me immediately, without having to have a man to man complaint session.

AGAIN, I'm not talking about BGF, I just see the same response every time someone complains about a bad experience. My time is more valuable to me then waste having a generally pointless conversation that changes nothing.

:twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would do the same. If they don't want my business, I take it somewhere else. I am not going to get in a pissing match with them. Life's too short.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The OP had an issue with the service he received and he posted it here which I see nothing wrong with. When you go into an establishment it is their position to treat you right to get your business or treat you wrong and lose your business. It should not be an obligation for a person to call them out on it in the shop if they don't want to cause a confrontation. However, if there is an issue with a place then I am glad to see a thread voicing the concern just as I am glad to see positive threads when a shop goes out of their way to take care of people.

I'm the same way when I buy or don't buy from a shop. If they treat me wrong or as one shop did...tell a guy a lower price then the one they just told me then I will never buy from them for anything.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never insult a guy in front of his wife (or kids). Inexcusable.

Low class move - no matter how long of a day I've ever had, I'd never pull that crap.

I have only been in that shop one time and it was by myself - I like the place. I have to think if I would take my wife there now, wondering if a clerk is going to say something stupid or act rudely in front of her. I really would like to take her to the range when it opens, but...

tatters

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I vote with my feet as well, and first impressions mean a lot.

I took a phone call from a customer one time, and I, of my own admission, was rude to him. I was busier than all he!! and was just plain.. well, in too much of a hurry to worry about his problem.

I can tell you with about 95 percent certainty that he never did business with us again. This happened back in the late 90s.
    His business didn't amount to a couple hundred bucks over a bit of time, but the business that my being polite to him could have brought in is impossible to calculate.
    All I know is when I start to get snappy at one of my customers, I reel it back in, and get right. Ya just never know.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The missus and I were out and about today and stopped in BGF to check it out and see pricing on a .17HMR for her son as well as some AR parts for myself. Found the place pretty easy and it wasn't crowded at all. (This was about 3 o'clock.) When we walked it the place looked pretty good and there was less than a dozen people inside including the people behind the counter. We walked around a bit then walked up to the gun counter where the .22's were. A couple of the guys behind the counter were chatting and pretty much ignored us. After about 5 minutes one of them asked what we needed. I asked him about a .17HMR and he kinda sighed and walked over to the east end and started looking through them. He found one and handed it to me without even opening the bolt to make sure it was cleared. I cleared it before giving it to her to check out. We discussed the price and she said she wanted to think about it. I handed the gun back to him and he seemed upset we didn't want it right then. (She was wanting to wait a bit since she knew I still wanted to look around, not that she didn't want it at all.) I asked him about AR parts and he said they didn't have any, just guns. I asked him about Magpul stuff and he said they have a little bit of them on the other side and I would have to go over there and talk to Steve about them. I walked over there and the guy behind the Magpul case walked away. I said excuse me I have a couple of questions and he just looked at me and walked around the corner. and started chatting with the woman behind the counter. I waited a few minutes then when he didn't come over I decided it was time to leave before I said something out of place.
    Their rudeness cost them a rifle sale and an accessories sale. Plus any future business I would bring or recommend. I will not be suggesting this place to anyone in the future. I had heard good things about this place and surprised at their poor attitudes. I gave it a -2 due to their attitude and rudeness towards each of us.
    On a side note I called Indy Tactical, PSS and Bradis to see if they had a .17HMR rifle in stock. I was treated respectfully by all of them and my questions were answered without any problems. Ended up going to Bradis and got a better rifle for less money.
    Dan

Mr. Voiles-

As it seems your mind and your impression of BGF is made up for the time being and in the future, I will not try and change that. You are intitled to your opinions.

However, if you are asking for a response in a public forum regarding the actions of one of our employees, (an employee unknown to us since several were working today and you do not describe said offender) we cannot give you one. You are more then welcome to PM myself or email the president of the company at bgfirearms@att.net.

We at Beech Grove Firearms strive to treat each customer with respect and give them our fullest attention. I am sorry you did not receive that treatment and if it was brought to the attention of the owner, the manager, or the president of the company when it happened then it would have been addressed. All three of those individuals were in the store all day, as they are 99% of the time.

If anyone runs into the same issue we would appreciate hearing about it in person when the aggrievement is taking place or shortly after it took place. We would then be happy to address it.

Respectfully,

cs

tom1025

Master
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Never insult a guy in front of his wife (or kids). Inexcusable.

Low class move - no matter how long of a day I've ever had, I'd never pull that crap.

I have only been in that shop one time and it was by myself - I like the place. I have to think if I would take my wife there now, wondering if a clerk is going to say something stupid or act rudely in front of her. I really would like to take her to the range when it opens, but...

Me and my wife go in there all the time and have always had great service.

Top Bottom