• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People calling for censorship get surprised when they get censored.

They always get that Scooby Doo look, and cannot fathom that THEY were censored.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait tell me this stemmed from more than Trump being "fact-checked"

Imagine you're the President... you make a tweet... Twitter "fact-checks" it... then you get pissed and write an executive order the next day against them. That's sort of funny in a not-very-funny sort of way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Imagine you're the President... you make a tweet... Twitter "fact-checks" it... then you get pissed and write an executive order the next day against them. That's sort of funny in a not-very-funny sort of way.
    It's not so much that they "fact-checked" him. It's that they don't "fact-check" anyone on the left. It's my understanding that Trump is basically calling for the Fairness Doctrine (for the press and media) to apply to social media.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It’s been brewing for awhile. But I do think the fact check was the last straw.

Tim Pool said that the tweet was an opinion, which they fact-checked with other people’s opinions. I didn’t see the fact check sources myself. But if that’s true it’s a pretty partisan standard.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It’s been brewing for awhile. But I do think the fact check was the last straw.

Tim Pool said that the tweet was an opinion, which they fact-checked with other people’s opinions. I didn’t see the fact check sources myself. But if that’s true it’s a pretty partisan standard.

Sure is, and when I go to these sites, I don't expect fairness in how they moderate users. Really don't see any benefit to the government getting involved in it. Yeah, ****'s gonna get ****y

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not so much that they "fact-checked" him. It's that they don't "fact-check" anyone on the left. It's my understanding that Trump is basically calling for the Fairness Doctrine (for the press and media) to apply to social media.
    Did they actually fact check him? Or did they opinion-check him? I’d really like to know what the sources were, and what was claimed were the facts.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Wow. Oversimplification on a galactic scale.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sure is, and when I go to these sites, I don't expect fairness in how they moderate users. Really don't see any benefit to the government getting involved in it. Yeah, ****'s gonna get ****y

Because these places are the new public square.

Ideals require sunlight and debate, otherwise it turns into a self radicalizing mess.

We've been yelling at Trump to do this for years.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Twitter's "fact check"allegedly linked to opinion pieces from Washington Post and CNN claiming mail in voter fraud doesn't happen. And then we get this huge story today about major mail in voter fraud in NJ.

The media and big tech isn't just sticking their fingers in their ears and singing :lala:, they are trying to tell us these things aren't happening, despite overwhelming and easy to find evidence that it is. We truly are living in an unbelievably stupid time.

[video=youtube_share;9trRkNWXK9I]http://youtu.be/9trRkNWXK9I[/video]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Twitter's "fact check"allegedly linked to opinion pieces from Washington Post and CNN claiming mail in voter fraud doesn't happen. And then we get this huge story today about major mail in voter fraud in NJ.

The media and big tech isn't just sticking their fingers in their ears and singing :lala:, they are trying to tell us these things aren't happening, despite overwhelming and easy to find evidence that it is. We truly are living in an unbelievably stupid time.

[video=youtube_share;9trRkNWXK9I]http://youtu.be/9trRkNWXK9I[/video]

They'll be the first one to hold congressional investigations into voter fraud, if they lose, too.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

One could argue that the only legitimate role of government is to protect the free exercise of rights by the individual:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

And, it isn't so much that Twitter "fact-checked" him; rather, it is that they modified his content in an attempt to fact-check him.

I'm 100% done with publishers who claim platform status and protection. Want to be a platform? Then you don't get a say in user content. Want to be a publisher (by curating and editing content - and by choosing what content to edit/curate and what content not to)? Then you can be exposed to legal liability for the ramifications of your actions as a publisher.

(Those Covington kids could probably bankrupt Twitter.)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is done by a Canadian Lawyer..
    [video=youtube;5IG_xg9HVfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IG_xg9HVfc[/video]

And this is another one by Tim
    [video=youtube;6g1JlGJ8cz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g1JlGJ8cz4[/video]

Top Bottom