• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They can't be sued for that.
    All Facebook has to do is say the employee responsible for putting that statement out, jumped off the building yesterday.

Easy peasy!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Someone defamed me on Facebook. They published it. I should sue Facebook for publishing defamatory stuff on their publishing platform.

Not really. I don't atually Facebook because Facebook is retarded. But man, I can see this coming. They've insisted that they're not a publisher for years to avoid being sued for content. It seems insane to open themselves up. I dunno. Unless their lawyers found some kind of way out of it. I'd be interested in what the INGO lawyers have to say about it.

This.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe it's because they're back in D.C. being questioned.

[video=youtube;l-Ft6uVXbfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Ft6uVXbfc[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [FONT=&amp]Oliver Stone’s 1994 hit “Natural Born Killers” [/FONT]allegedly inspired eight murders[FONT=&amp] in total. In one case, a couple repeatedly watched the film, dropped acid, and went on a killing spree.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]It’s a tragedy and, sadly, one of the staggeringly high prices we pay for living in a free society.
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    And what’s the solution? Do we ban art that we fear could cause violence? Who gets to make that call? The studios? The actors? The government?

Our Constitution protects our right to express ourselves. That could mean an offensive painting, a love sonnet or a major motion picture that could captivate the nation on opening day.[/FONT]

It is funny that they use that old saw the Constitution that that Poo Poo so readily.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

I am absolutely going to see this film. I'm not sure it would even be on my radar had the leftists not started attacking it. Watching the trailer, I find it truly ironic that it's about a man who's misunderstood and bullied for being unique. Leftists in this country ostensibly defend "different" people.

Leftists similarly attacked the film "Falling Down," in the 1990s.

I can't wait.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    EGCZAl-VAAMdqL0

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

This is so shocking that it’s disgusting. We’re headed right for a Soviet-like state, and the Millennials are taking us there. It’s more than just speech, it’s forcibly ridding society of anything these snot-nosed brats dislike.

Ban books. Ban movies. Ban websites. Ban gender-specific pronouns. Ban talk show hosts. Ban smoking. Ban vaping. Ban meat. Ban straws. Ban religion. Ban guns. Ban liberty. Ban history and re-write it as you go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shameful.

61% agree with this: ‘While I agree in principle with the idea of free speech, there are places where free speech should be restricted. For instance, in universities or on social media where there is the potential to be hurtful or offensive.'

57% agree with the statement, 'The government should be able to take action against newspapers and TV stationsthat publish content that is biased, inflammatory, or false.'

https://www.campaignforfreespeech.o...19/10/Free-Speech-Survey-Standard-Banners.pdf

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Shameful.

61% agree with this: ‘While I agree in principle with the idea of free speech, there are places where free speech should be restricted. For instance, in universities or on social media where there is the potential to be hurtful or offensive.'

57% agree with the statement, 'The government should be able to take action against newspapers and TV stationsthat publish content that is biased, inflammatory, or false.'

https://www.campaignforfreespeech.o...19/10/Free-Speech-Survey-Standard-Banners.pdf

Orwell... author of fiction or prophet? Discuss.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Shameful.

I'm OK with private entities suing over false, damaging reports (defamation) and the "actual malice" standard should be rolled back, but everything else is dangerous.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rob Schneider said:
    Sorry to have to repeat this again:
    Free Speech is ALL speech.
    Even the speech that you find repugnant. You are either for ALL of it or...
    you are for none of it.
    We don’t need people deciding FOR us what to think, see or hear.
    That’s a load of totalitarian crap.

Top Bottom