• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    So I've always hear that there might be a few hand grenades in the registry from '68. I would guess they are GI bring backs from WWII. Any evidence of this actually happening? As mentioned in another thread, at this point they probably aren't stable.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    So I've always hear that there might be a few hand grenades in the registry from '68. I would guess they are GI bring backs from WWII. Any evidence of this actually happening? As mentioned in another thread, at this point they probably aren't stable.

Cant new destructive devices be built and registered? Couldnt you in theory just do the paperwork and build a grenade. Good luck getting materials, and it would be a very wasteful way to spend $200, but I dont see why they would have to be left over from '68.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Cant new destructive devices be built and registered? Couldnt you in theory just do the paperwork and build a grenade. Good luck getting materials, and it would be a very wasteful way to spend $200, but I dont see why they would have to be left over from '68.

New DD can definitely be added to the registry. I just think it would be very difficult to convince an explosives manufacturer to give you some, even with the stamp.

Last edited:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Did these get printed yet? I won't be able to make it in until Thursday because of exams today, tomorrow, and Wednesday (fun, right?).

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    1968amnesty.jpg

Yep that is it, and they were supposed to do more of them, but didn't. And they didn't do much more but stick these in few courthouses with stuff no one else ever reads

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Here is the proof, looked GREAT!!! It is on thicker paper then I expected, I hope it isn't a shipping problem.

The poster appears aged just like my original, I actually thought it was my original until I touched it and picked it up and then realized it was the repro.

NFA_POSTER_zpsefe95098.jpg

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Here is the proof, looked GREAT!!! It is on thicker paper then I expected, I hope it isn't a shipping problem.

The poster appears aged just like my original, I actually thought it was my original until I touched it and picked it up and then realized it was the repro.

NFA_POSTER_zpsefe95098.jpg

Looks great! Can't wait to pick one up.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm planning on coming down Friday or Saturday to give the range a whirl for the first time. Any chance you'll have some printed up by then?

It looks awesome by the way!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I really have no idea on finished product time line. It took them about a week and a half to get me a proof, but if it is next up in line it could be by this weekend.

I will have them at the shop the day they are finished.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Ohhh and btw....before someone *****es about $5 a poster. Here is a thread I found from 2004 where a guy was selling reprints for $20 or 3/$50.
    FS: Rare 1968 NFA "30 day" amnesty posters. NOW OPEN AGAIN 5/28/06 [Archive] - The FAL Files

Recon Ord still sells "like new" copies for $35 a poster.
    1968 NFA Amnesty Poster : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com

I like my posters that look like they "have been there and done that", lol.

Those are actually the two examples I came across before starting this thread.

Top Bottom