• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Here is mine. I'm a new member. I turned 18 back in July, and the day of my birthday I applied for my LTCH, and I received it about 3 weeks later.

This is a 1914 Colt M1911. It was my Grandpa's during WWII, and it was passed down to me this past summer. From what I understand, it was used in WWI, and was reissued back to the government, and then issued to my Grandpa for WWII.

I am addicted to 1911's. To me, no other handgun feels right in my hands

IMG_0053-1.jpg

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Here is mine. I'm a new member. I turned 18 back in July, and the day of my birthday I applied for my LTCH, and I received it about 3 weeks later.

This is a 1914 Colt M1911. It was my Grandpa's during WWII, and it was passed down to me this past summer. I am addicted to 1911's. To me, no other handgun feels right in my hands

IMG_0053-1.jpg

What an aweseom heirloom! I hope you can pass it down to future generations!! :patriot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

This is a 1914 Colt M1911. It was my Grandpa's during WWII, and it was passed down to me this past summer. From what I understand, it was used in WWI, and was reissued back to the government, and then issued to my Grandpa for WWII.

I am addicted to 1911's. To me, no other handgun feels right in my hands

IMG_0053-1.jpg
    That might be the best "first gun" ever. I am very jealous. Enjoy.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Nice pistol.

It looks to be a nice Arsenal Rework. Several parts have been change from original, are there any stampings on it such as RIA (Rock Island Arsenal), AA (Augusta Arsenal), SA (Springfield Arsenal)?

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    It is a real GI. The serial number is 19615. I haven't gotten the whole dating thing down yet, but it's between a 1913-1919. It was my grandpa's during WWII.

It has been reworked as well. It has RIA, and EEC stamped on it. From what I understand, the frame is a Remington, and the slide is a Colt.

Top Bottom