• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yep, those grips are definitely different and have a lot going on. I looked at all the offerings from VZ Grips, but just can't seem to find anything that I think will really look great. Might end up with some rosewood double diamond grips and go "old school".

Hope you don't mind my $0.02. If you are thinking of new grips and considering VZ, then consider carefully. I have had multiple sets of VZ and I love most of them. That being said, you need to consider carefully which style and which options you want. For example, some of the styles are VERY "grippy". To the point of make them not very comfortable. I found the Operators 2 to have too aggressive of a grippiness. Also, make sure you determine if you want a magazine release notch before you order. I ordered 1 set with it and found I would accidently hit the release button inadvertently from time to time. So, I sold that set.

Here's a pic of the VZ's that I am running on my Smith 1911. They are ETC Predator Green G10.

attachment.php

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, those grips are definitely different and have a lot going on. I looked at all the offerings from VZ Grips, but just can't seem to find anything that I think will really look great. Might end up with some rosewood double diamond grips and go "old school".

In my eyes, unless you have a sweet stand out piece like Whitleystu does a set of well made Rosewaood grips look right at home on most any 1911

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's a photo of my daily carry 1911. It's getting a bit shabby in appearance but the thing has never failed to shoot when I pull the trigger. It's got a piece of Talon Grips rubber grip tape on the front strap and an old set of VZ grips that really don't match but that do feel great. I kind of like the patina this one has acquired over the years.

Top Bottom