• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ok well after much thought ive established that im willing to forego aome aesthetic desires (ie: no front slide serrations and spur hammer) for a better quality unit.

I understand the range officer is touted as a stripped down trp, but prices arent too much different between them.....and thats comparing the ss trp.....im a sucker for ss :) i know its not true to form so to speak, but im not going for that honestly. I just like the look of it, plain and simple

So, anyone have experience with a Springfield TRP?

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    My latest aquisition was a TRP. It is a heavy sucker, and I love it. I have been carrying it daily IWB with no problems. The checkering is nice and aggressive, but not too harsh, has night sights, magwell, sturdy, backed by one of the best firearms companies in the world and is more accurate than I am. Its arguably the best production 1911 out there. I couldn't be happier.

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Found a couple used trp's in the mid $900 range....all the gear, ns, etc. One with only 100 rds thru it says the seller and the other i have questions emailed to the seller. Seems like a pretty decent price for what they want for them on gb.

Edit...both are ss as well

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well i ended up with a Springfield Loaded in ss. I didnt really care for the ro sights...i know they can be swapped out, but i honestly liked the loaded better. I'll get a pic or 2 up tonight if my wife doeant kill me first :)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Well i ended up with a Springfield Loaded in ss. I didnt really care for the ro sights...i know they can be swapped out, but i honestly liked the loaded better. I'll get a pic or 2 up tonight if my wife doeant kill me first :)
    Nice gun. What a great country where one can get exactly what he or she wants in a firearm.

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here she is....

picture.php

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^^^^^^Nice! Looks like mine, only an inch longer. I got back from the Indy 1500 where I was hoping to get some ideas on sights and grips, buy a few extra mags, etc. No luck, but that's why we have the internet!:D

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Indy 1500 is cool if you like wading thru vendor booths that are also set up at the fairs in every county....

Top Bottom