1911 owners: What's your favorite holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    I too am looking for an IWB holste for my 1911. I have never carried beore. A question for those that carry, what do you do when you get in a vehicle? Do you unholster the weapon each time you get in to drive and then reholster when get out of the car?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have a Comp-Tac M-TAC that I love as well as an Infidel and a Blackhawk Serpa

When concealed I never remove my weapon when sitting down such as in a car. When OC/OWB I may if it interferes with the seat belt.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    No way.
    Leave it alone.
    The more times you mess with it, the more you increase odds of a mishap.

I hear ya and agree 100%. My only concern (and maybe it is not a concern as I have not tried yet), is when carrying a full size 1911 IWB, the gun appears to be in roughly the 4 o'clock position. I would think that when I am sitting down in a vehicle, the gun would be digging into me or into the seat. I have a Corvette and I dont really want to be gouging or imprinting the seats with a gun "in my back pocket". Is my concern valid or am worrying about something that I dont need to worry about since I havent actually tried it yet?

Appreciate any insight from those that carry. Thanks!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I carry mine at 3 o'clock as that's the easiest place for me to conceal it, and I have no issues.

If you can't sit comfortably with it on, perhaps you should try carrying it in a different location on your belt?

That being said - if I were going to remove it for anything other than firing it when needed - I remove the whole holster, and not just the firearm.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    when carrying a full size 1911 IWB, the gun appears to be in roughly the 4 o'clock position. I would think that when I am sitting down in a vehicle, the gun would be digging into me or into the seat.

I carry mine at 3 o'clock as that's the easiest place for me to conceal it, and I have no issues.

I also carry everything from 3" to 5" at the 3 o'clock position. I've never had a problem with anything other than being a passenger in a low-seat type car, if I'm in the back and the seat belt is in the way. And even that is easily dealt with.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon

If you can't sit comfortably with it on, perhaps you should try carrying it in a different location on your belt?

That being said - if I were going to remove it for anything other than firing it when needed - I remove the whole holster, and not just the firearm.

Thanks. Sounds like I need to quit complaining and whining and just try it to see if it works. LOL!!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thanks. Sounds like I need to quit complaining and whining and just try it to see if it works. LOL!!
    My wife has had her permit for a while now, I think something near a year... She got it just in case I ever left a firearm under a seat or in the glovebox and then she drove the vehicle - she would have a permit and be A-OK.

Turns out she's getting into shooting with me as well, and has her own Sig p938 now... She put it on where she thought she'd want to carry it and found quickly she couldn't sit with it there so she had to adjust.

She's now found a spot that is good for concealment, standing/moving, and sitting ... you will too :).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    I am a fan of my Galco king tuk good construction and conceals 1911 nicely. However it is a pain to get in pace but once you do it is pretty comfortable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ssmith512
    Do you unholster the weapon each time you get in to drive and then reholster when get out of the car?
    No way.
    Leave it alone.
    The more times you mess with it, the more you increase odds of a mishap.
    ^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

I am a firm believer in the CrossBreed IWB holster. It spreads the weight out and is very comfortable.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Milt Sparks Versa Max II

6814731215_91e1b44108_z.jpg

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Bianchi 130 Allusion holster.

Comes with IWB conversion clips as well... Synthetic molded inner liner surrounded by a leather exterior...reinforced and oversized thumbreak tab.

Ive had holster that cost 3 times as much and didnt carry as well.

picture.php

God bless
    -Shred

I do happen to like thumbbreaks that most Bianchis have as I can often find myself at a family function with kids.

I also dig that it is convertible. Definitely gonna check that out- Thanks!

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Anyone have the Tactipac Fusion?

This one intrigues me because of the high back plate (keeping the weapon off the skin) and the strap so that you are not tied to a belt.

Not that I'm sold on it- would really like to get some feedback from owners if anyone has one.

Not a lot on YT yet.

Top Bottom