• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Here you had me looking at Valors a little more seriously... Back over to looking at some more WC I suppose!

Dont take that comment as the Valor being bad... It's a hell of a piece! You can get two or three for the price of some of those Wilsons

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not to be a wise guy but in all the dissent from the plastic crowd about out outdated under ammo'd 1911's do you think that many pics of Glocks/M&P's etc would have so many drooling and wishing like these pics do.
    Not a dollars to dollars issue just that 1911's are gosh darned sexy.........:)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not to be a wise guy but in all the dissent from the plastic crowd about out outdated under ammo'd 1911's do you think that many pics of Glocks/M&P's etc would have so many drooling and wishing like these pics do.

I used to think that about the plastic guns, but I don't ever since getting into 1911's and CZ's.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi

I carry one of my Wilson's daily (the one that is worn to hell).

No offense but I'm so sick of the stereo type that "Glock/plastics are fool proof" If someone knows how to maintain a 1911 and use it properly they will run a Glock into the damn ground. The problem is most people buy junk 1911's and never learn how to maintain them let alone how to operate them properly. So, in that sense, yes, a Glock might work better that MOST folks 1911's. To someone who knows the platform inside and out and is willing to dedicate themselves to learning the platform, then the answer is that the 1911 will run all the time. I own 4 Glocks a 17, 19, 26, and 34. They are Glocks... An assembly line of Mexicans can put them together. Nothing really cool about them. Its like seeing a Salient Glock... at the end of the day, its still a 500 dollar Glock with some holes cut in it and some parts and spin selling that Costa and crew magically hand fit parts (which is a load of crap). A refined 1911, totally different story.

If asking why folks dont drool over an M&P or Glock thread... well, they are ugly and almost anyone can afford a plastic gun. People drool over Ferrari's and Lambo's not Fusions and Cobalts. The reason is because most everyone can ow one and drive one. Other than being reasonably priced and affordable, there is nothing special about them. Same with Plastics... and they are full of mim parts that break just like any other mim filled pistol. I can go on and on. For the Plastic fan boys who rant about how their guns run and run... well, glad they are working out for them. I have had many plastic guns fail in training classes many, many, many times.

Just my thoughts/opinions there!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I carry one of my Wilson's daily (the one that is worn to hell).

No offense but I'm so sick of the stereo type that "Glock/plastics are fool proof" If someone knows how to maintain a 1911 and use it properly they will run a Glock into the damn ground. The problem is most people buy junk 1911's and never learn how to maintain them let alone how to operate them properly. So, in that sense, yes, a Glock might work better that MOST folks 1911's. To someone who knows the platform inside and out and is willing to dedicate themselves to learning the platform, then the answer is that the 1911 will run all the time. I own 4 Glocks a 17, 19, 26, and 34. They are Glocks... An assembly line of Mexicans can put them together. Nothing really cool about them. Its like seeing a Salient Glock... at the end of the day, its still a 500 dollar Glock with some holes cut in it and some parts and spin selling that Costa and crew magically hand fit parts (which is a load of crap). A refined 1911, totally different story.

If asking why folks dont drool over an M&P or Glock thread... well, they are ugly and almost anyone can afford a plastic gun. People drool over Ferrari's and Lambo's not Fusions and Cobalts. The reason is because most everyone can ow one and drive one. Other than being reasonably priced and affordable, there is nothing special about them. Same with Plastics... and they are full of mim parts that break just like any other mim filled pistol. I can go on and on. For the Plastic fan boys who rant about how their guns run and run... well, glad they are working out for them. I have had many plastic guns fail in training classes many, many, many times.

Just my thoughts/opinions there!

I did not want to send a good thread off track but you are right.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I did not want to send a good thread off track but you are right.

My comment was not intended to throw the thread for a loop either. Like I said, some plastics are good guns. They have their uses and I own my share of em. Nothing wrong with them and everyone is entitled to an opinion on them. If you someone thinks Glocks are sexy and the best gun ever made, more power to em!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Very sweet machines, wish I had that kind of spending funds. Love the black stainless!

I just got my first 1911 this week, a Springer TRP SS Loaded. Looking forward to breaking it in this weekend.
    It's also my first SA so I'll need to practice practice practice...

attachment.php

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like 1911's, but I would need to see data to support that statement.

There is not always a link to everything in the world.
    I have ran 1911's my entire life with very few issues beyond owner operator ignorance.
    I have seen all makes/model fail as they all will.
    Nothing is flawless.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    There is not always a link to everything in the world.
    I have ran 1911's my entire life with very few issues beyond owner operator ignorance.
    I have seen all makes/model fail as they all will.
    Nothing is flawless.

That all makes sense.

I'm not a Glock person, but they have been extensively tested for reliability and in severe conditions by multiple agencies. A sloppy fit 1911 that was well maintained might give them a run for their money, I doubt that a tight fit 1911 would (just personal opinion), in any case my only point is that when it comes to bold reliability claims, "In God we trust, everyone else needs data". In my opinion.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That all makes sense.

I'm not a Glock person, but they have been extensively tested for reliability and in severe conditions by multiple agencies. A sloppy fit 1911 that was well maintained might give them a run for their money, I doubt that a tight fit 1911 would (just personal opinion), in any case my only point is that when it comes to bold reliability claims, "In God we trust, everyone else needs data". In my opinion.

Disagree with this. It isn't about whether the gun is tight fit or sloppy fit. What matters is if the gun is properly fit. My 1911 is tight and yet very reliable. I fit a trigger and just last night a new extractor. I say fit because neither part was drop in. Funny thing is that fitting the parts was easier on this "tight" "custom" gun then on the cheaper "sloppy" guns. A properly fit 1911 is just that, the parts all just seem to go back together.

I am sure Glocks are easy to work on. I have just never taken mine apart. It's a Glock, who really cares right?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Dont take that comment as the Valor being bad... It's a hell of a piece! You can get two or three for the price of some of those Wilsons

A Valor would be more in my reasonable price range at this point in time but maybe if I buy a 1911 I may just have to go WC! It's kind of what I've always liked anyhow. Again thanks for your thoughts.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A Valor would be more in my reasonable price range at this point in time but maybe if I buy a 1911 I may just have to go WC! It's kind of what I've always liked anyhow. Again thanks for your thoughts.

My first 1911 was in 9mm and was a gift from my wife. My second 1911 and first ever .45acp was a WC. Figured if I bought an entry level gun I would just end up there eventually anyway. Might as well get to where I knew I would go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My first 1911 was in 9mm and was a gift from my wife. My second 1911 and first ever .45acp was a WC. Figured if I bought an entry level gun I would just end up there eventually anyway. Might as well get to where I knew I would go.

I have not seen fit to spend the up front to get a WC.
    I will say my 1911's will run with on but they just ain't as purty.....No sir.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have not seen fit to spend the up front to get a WC.
    I will say my 1911's will run with on but they just ain't as purty.....No sir.

I am a Gun Whore remember. Now I am looking at my old reloading press and thinking a new, bigger press is in order. Guns, Cars/Bikes and Women. The spending never stops when a guy develops an interest in any of those.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I am a Gun Whore remember. Now I am looking at my old reloading press and thinking a new, bigger press is in order. Guns, Cars/Bikes and Women. The spending never stops when a guy develops an interest in any of those.

That has been my experience as well...and the price point keeps creeping upward with them all !

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

That's kind of exactly what I was thinking. If I am going to get one I might as well do it. Just may be a good while till I get one, or find someone selling one used and have the cash.

Top Bottom