• Shoot or Not to Shoot?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have the chance to purchase a Colt 1911 70 Gov't mfg 1973 never been fired one owner gun. All the paperwork, recipt, and box are undamaged.

Do I shoot it or not? I'm not in to collecting but I don't know if I can shoot it.

Shoot it and enjoy the hell out of it.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Well first off I appreciate everybodys input on my situation. Second of all I want to let you know the gremlin that I was buying the 1911 off of tried to sell it to me as a late 1970's. Well I ran the numbers and the damn thing was made in 2007. Its a repro. I'm not happy in many ways with this I have known the man for several years and he KNOWS Colts. I simply stated while I looked the S?N up on my phone do you think I am a F****ing idiot. He stated he thought it was original. Just not too happy you all put in your input and gave your time to me for this dickweasle to try and screw me.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I don't like safe queens either, however you have to make a calculated decision here….Are you getting it for cheep? If so, it most likely will not matter. But if you pay top dollar, in my opinion your silly to let any of us make that decision for you….I'm just Sayin! If I paid $1,500 or so for an older Colt 1911 NIB, I personally wouldn't let someone else make that call for me.

That said, get and enjoy, then let us know what decision you made.:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well first off I appreciate everybodys input on my situation. Second of all I want to let you know the gremlin that I was buying the 1911 off of tried to sell it to me as a late 1970's. Well I ran the numbers and the damn thing was made in 2007. Its a repro. I'm not happy in many ways with this I have known the man for several years and he KNOWS Colts. I simply stated while I looked the S?N up on my phone do you think I am a F****ing idiot. He stated he thought it was original. Just not too happy you all put in your input and gave your time to me for this dickweasle to try and screw me.

Hey no worries. We were all not doing much else anyway.......:):

Be careful buying anything that someone says is old and high value. If that guy knows colts he was fully aware of his actions. I would loose his number.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

That's just wrong in so many ways. I believe I'd piston whip that vermin with a RIA

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    What a disappointment! Have you thought about gunbroker or armslist? I snagged a 1974 Commander off gunbroker a few months ago for $700. There are some decent deals to be had out there. Good luck!:)

Top Bottom