• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Is this event funded publicly, privately, or a combination of both? Without being there, or having seen it, I can't say much about it. From reading some of the things on their website though, I see no cause for ire. In fact, this excerpt right here

IBE Website said:
    The Youth and Family Programs Department strives to serve as a catalyst throughout Indiana to foster relationships between businesses, governmental agencies, educational institutions, youth service agencies, churches and other community based organizations. This department serves as a clearinghouse for quality chapter youth programs that address issues affecting youth while preparing them for full participation in society as adults. And finally, this department actively involves IBE staff and volunteers in program administration so that they keep abreast of issues and trends affecting African-American families and youth. Below are some of the programs. Click below for more information on our programs:
    seems to be attempting to combat the very ills of which I see claimed here. Again, as an out-of-stater, with no personal experience, how again is it an affront or an embarrassment to your city?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IAgain, as an out-of-stater, with no personal experience, how again is it an affront or an embarrassment to your city?

The event, as a concept, is a great idea. Its execution, however, is generally lacking. Reports of violence fill the news during the event. Many businesses downtown simply close for a few days to avoid any issues.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Is this event funded publicly, privately, or a combination of both? Without being there, or having seen it, I can't say much about it. From reading some of the things on their website though, I see no cause for ire. In fact, this excerpt right here

seems to be attempting to combat the very ills of which I see claimed here. Again, as an out-of-stater, with no personal experience, how again is it an affront or an embarrassment to your city?

Its not about what some phony website says, its about what happens every year during the Black Expo.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    your in New York right? well the best I can describe it so you will understand is .... Harlem at night, walking down the street with a new pair of nike's on.

get it now? :):

Actually, Harlem's a pretty decent neighborhood these days. Mostly working class folks, who do their best to keep a wathcful eye on their neighbors, family and friends. Now, if you had said Red Hook, or Sunset Park, Brooklyn, yeah man, I get ya.

I actually almost always tell out of state friends to visit Harlem and the East Village. Lots of mixed culture, you can get any kind of food, attire, music, whatever you might like in either of those two places. 'Course, they're 120 blocks apart from each other....but that's what the subway's for. :D

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The event, as a concept, is a great idea. Its execution, however, is generally lacking. Reports of violence fill the news during the event. Many businesses downtown simply close for a few days to avoid any issues.

understood. The issue lies with certain members of thee crowd drawn then, is what I gather to be the gist of your comment. The same can be said for almost any civic event in almost any major American city, honestly. It's a shame though. It honestly sounds like a good faith effort to make a stronger community.

Its not about what some phony website says, its about what happens every year during the Black Expo.

See reply to Scutter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom