• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It shouldn't, but when the other party is engaged in self-defense too, that when it becomes a bit blurry. I am of the opinion that Martin was as equally entitled to self-defense as Zimmerman.

(and the fact do not prove either case)

Except the preponderance of the facts support Zimmerman, at least as yet, and not the made up "Martin was defending himself" line.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This I agree with, however, one would be remiss in not believing that Zimmerman would create a version of the story that is most beneficial to him. I doubt that anyone would do any different. For the simple fact that he killed the only other person that would offer a different version of events certainly should raise suspicion.
    People keep bringing this up and pointing out that Z could be making this up to benefit himself but you can't get M's version because he is dead.

Well if Z's story is the only thing you have to go by then you have to work with what evidence you've got. Either try to catch him making inconsistent statements or come up with substantial credible evidence that directly contradicts Z's version of what took place.

I don't believe I've seen anything as of yet to substantially disprove that it did't go down the way Z says it did and I personally don't see anything if I was a juror to vote for a conviction.

I think some people need to take their emotion out of the debate and take an objective look at what the evidence points to that we know of.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    For the simple fact that he killed the only other person that would offer a different version of events certainly should raise suspicion.

This would mean that there is never a justifiable homicide unless you had a crowd of witnesses to support the survivor. How often does that happen? Even the witnesses that support substantial parts of Zimmerman's version are not good enough for you. Talk about bias. Why do you hate white Hispanics?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This would mean that there is never a justifiable homicide unless you had a crowd of witnesses to support the survivor. How often does that happen? Even the witnesses that support substantial parts of Zimmerman's version are not good enough for you. Talk about bias. Why do you hate white Hispanics?

Because he should PAY. Don't you know? A civilian standing up and defending themselves without the police should PAY. They should be destroyed financially, wrecked emotionally and locked up forever.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    However, you did say that Zimmerman being on the sidewalk made him guilty. How about we turn this around?.

Ok, I'm going to start calling it what it is, when people start making stuff up. Lies. CarmelHP has posted an outright lie, making him a liar. I will fully retract my statement in which I am calling him a liar, if he quotes, fully, the post where I said that Zimmerman being on the side walk made him guilty.

For even those I disagree with, I am not so bold as to make up lies in an attempt to strengthen my position.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because he should PAY. Don't you know? A civilian standing up and defending themselves without the police should PAY. They should be destroyed financially, wrecked emotionally and locked up forever.

Who said he should be locked up forever?
    (wonders if you are going to fall into the same trap)

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    When facts are in question, and there is no evidence to contradict his statements, the assumption of truth must go to the defendant.

(paraphrased from A. Dershowitz)

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ok, I'm going to start calling it what it is, when people start making stuff up. Lies. CarmelHP has posted an outright lie, making him a liar. I will fully retract my statement in which I am calling him a liar, if he quotes, fully, the post where I said that Zimmerman being on the side walk made him guilty.

For even those I disagree with, I am not so bold as to make up lies in an attempt to strengthen my position.

Here you go:

Yep, the one where he stayed in his car while waiting for police to arrive 2 minutes later, during which time Martin attacks him, and Zimmerman shoots him in self defense.

So stepping out of your vehicle makes you guilty of manslaughter if someone later attacks you? Gotcha.

Yeah, thats exactly what's implied.

Retraction and apology? :laugh:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You didn't ask for full posts. And the first and second were full posts.

Your first post flat implies that had he not been on the sidewalk he would not be guilty. There's no wiggle room there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, that's right. You just want him to be destroyed and still be free. So don't bother with the entire justice system at all.

"destroyed?" I own up to anything I posted. I said ruined. I like that the public shuns people that do stupid things.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    "destroyed?" I own up to anything I posted. I said ruined. I like that the public shuns people that do stupid things.

Yes, because defending yourself from serious injury or death is a stupid thing to do. :rolleyes:

And for the record, "ruin" and "destroyed" are not only synonyms, but one is used in the definition of the other. http://thesaurus.com/browse/ruined?s=t

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You didn't ask for full posts. And the first and second were full posts.

Your first post flat implies that had he not been on the sidewalk he would not be guilty. There's no wiggle room there.

Is it the letters that hinder your understanding of the word "fully?"

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Is it the letters that hinder your understanding of the word "fully?"

And I did. Your first quote is complete. Full. Finished. Your quote implies Z being on the sidewalk makes him guilty. Period. You can tap dance around it all you want, but it's what you said. You can play bull**** word games, but it is still what you said.

So I will be waiting for your retraction and apology.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And I did. Your first quote is complete. Full. Finished. Your quote implies Z being on the sidewalk makes him guilty. Period. You can tap dance around it all you want, but it's what you said. You can play bull**** word games, but it is still what you said.

So I will be waiting for your retraction and apology.

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh? I suggest you not hold your breath if you expect an apology over CarmelHPs lie. If you are still having a hard time connecting the dots, I suggest you contact a moderator and report the post.

(Kut finds Bobby to be lacking in comprehension again)

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh? I suggest you not hold your breath if you expect an apology over CarmelHPs lie. If you are still having a hard time connecting the dots, I suggest you contact a moderator and report the post.

(Kut finds Bobby to be lacking in comprehension again)

Alright, I'll report the post. Apparently you are lacking in comprehension as well. When you say that the only way Z is NOT GUILTY is by staying in his truck, than you are saying exactly what Carmel posted. You are stating that he is defacto guilty for being on hte sidewalk and not in his truck.

You, sir, are the liar and apparently refuse to stand by your own words. Even when you are shown to be a liar, you still continue the charade. Nice. And this from an officer of the law? No wonder Carmel high school is so ****ed up.

Posts reported.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom