17 ambulances (and counting) heading to Hanover Central High (Cedar Lake, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow, glad everyone's ok so far. I'd be freaking out if it'd been my kids for sure! I too thought it was another shooting. Glad to hear it's not.

Someone go tell Bigum to put a cork in it. :):

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    that would explain the two ambulances and volunteer that went past my house this morning about that time. i live on cline ave in hanover township. both ambulances were from different towns, but i didnt see where.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Wonder if it was someone idling an engine by the air intakes?

Another speculation is if a newer school bus did a parked regeneration by the air intakes. There have been issues with acrid smoke being produced.
    (I'm in the HD diesel industry.):dunno:

i'm going to run a forced regeneration one day when the salesmen are outside smoking. our exhaust hoses dump right into their smoking area.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    whose mom made frank and beans for dinner last night?

Well that would account for the "poison gas" rumor that is spreading around.

Actually I think that Indiana Speaker of the House Pat Bauer may have been moving through the aream this would account for the foul stench and sickness.

After all, when he's in the statehouse I call smell his sickening stench at my house in between Mooresville and Plainfield. now that's potent.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    well if it was a leak that severe, it was quite an explosion hazard too. looks like everyone was released and ok.

Maybe, maybe not. Natural gas will only explode if the concentration is between 5-15% in air. With the schools hvac units running it would diffuse it pretty well throughout the school. For a 10x10 room with an 8 ft ceiling that's 40 cubic feet of gas. For a 20x35 ft school room with 10 ft ceilings it would be about 350 cf of gas, add in it being spread around with the hvac..... That would be one heck of a lot of gas. Gas leaks aren't as bad as they sound, as long as it's not in a sealed room with an open flame or spark. I had one of the burners on my stove go out not too long ago, with the burner right next to it on, I smelled it in the other room and I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near the explosive limit yet. I think the average person can detect the smell of what they put into it (hydrogen sulfide) easily at 1%.

Top Bottom