Noblesville
    Last edited:

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It is very sad to read about this happening a long with the 3 year old dying also over the weekend... My prayers are out for both of their family's during this difficult time they are going through. Firearm owners are going through a lot at this time with the push for stronger gun laws and banning of many makes of guns by the President and all the anti gun groups and we have these people who add fuel to their fire to make their argument stronger for gun control. It angers me to see these things happen and wonder how long will it be before we lose our rights because of careless people who make life harder for us with their neglect and lack of respect for their firearms...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Most here would be surprised just how many get shot accidentally every week. Most are self inflicted and non-life threatening. Hospital calls us for every GSW that walks in for treatment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't understand why a 16 year old was in a 20 year old's house at 11:30 p.m. on a school night (if the reports in the news are accurate). Nothing good can come of that...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't understand why a 16 year old was in a 20 year old's house at 11:30 p.m. on a school night (if the reports in the news are accurate). Nothing good can come of that...
    Agreed, but let's not use this tragedy to start pushing whatever ideas or agendas we feel are right. I'm tired of seeing the arguments that ensue. They are not very productive.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agreed, but let's not use this tragedy to start pushing whatever ideas or agendas we feel are right. I'm tired of seeing the arguments that ensue. They are not very productive.

Oh no, I agree... That wasn't my intent. Just thinking out loud and echoing the question that also got asked in some of the news site comments.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Apparently he dropped the mag, pointed it at her and fired, not realizing there was still one in the chamber

In before the "Four Rules are outdated" INGO contingent!

Charges have been pressed. Not sure as to the extent.

Reckless Homicide is a Class C felony in Indiana. 2 to 8 years, up to 10K fine.

Pointing a Firearm is a Class D felony (if loaded), 6 months to 3 years, up to 10K fine; a Class A misdemeanor if unloaded, 0 to 365 days, up to 5K fine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In before the "Four Rules are outdated" INGO contingent!

Reckless Homicide is a Class C felony in Indiana. 2 to 8 years, up to 10K fine.

Pointing a Firearm is a Class D felony (if loaded), 6 months to 3 years, up to 10K fine; a Class A misdemeanor if unloaded, 0 to 365 days, up to 5K fine.

Thanks Kirk. I know it is the law but man that just seems a bit lite for this situation. Emotion aside.....he pointed a gun at her. End result, she is dead and family must be devastated.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Emotion aside.....he pointed a gun at her.

Think of it this way, how did he point the gun at her?

With malice aforethought? Murder.

With malicious stupidity? Recklessness.

Criminal Recklessness="I didn't mean it", no, but you should have known better.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Thanks Kirk. I know it is the law but man that just seems a bit lite for this situation. Emotion aside.....he pointed a gun at her. End result, she is dead and family must be devastated.

hes an idiot, but his defense team will demonstrate he did not intend to harm her. He's just stupid.

For the pointing a firearm, he deserves the max.
    for reckless homicide I think he should get 6.

add them together and he should get 9 years for this.

Top Bottom