16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    The kids disrupting the entire establishment had nothing to do with the police, nice try. The kids weren't being disciplined by their parents and age has nothing to do with it. My kids never acted that way in public, nor would I have allowed it.

Nor did my kids behave this way - and i disagree with your assertion regarding them disrupting the ENTIRE establishment as you say -

however what about your comment on the guages?? You judged the people with guages without ever meeting them. Really nice.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Nor did my kids behave this way - and i disagree with your assertion regarding them disrupting the ENTIRE establishment as you say -

however what about your comment on the guages?? You judged the people with guages without ever meeting them. Really nice.

You're correct, I did.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I suppose you're ok with the officers attempt to convince the manager to ask legally carrying, law abiding paying customers to leave then.

Should the "regular" citizen also write to the PD and "thank them" for that kind of "professionalism" as well?

That's hearsay and the reason why I didn't address it. Knowing how the people on the internet like to embelish their stories, that part may have just been added to sensationalize the narrative.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some fool in the comments section said they were foolish to open carry because all warfare is based on deception.

Actually, deception is merely a tool.
    War is about inflicting enough violence on the opponent, to remove his ability to inflict violence.

Or..
    "War is fighting. And fighting means killing"

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Sheesh! Another INGO cop bashingv thread.

Where are the LEO's?

Some one needs to squish some grapes.

Yea, I am not for the Cop's VS> title. I don't think (ever, being a hard azz with the cops is smart, they aren't bad guys.)
    Likely the only reason they where there is because someone didn't know that open carry was OK, (most don't know, and yes, some cops don't know) some think you must conceal in Indiana (and you don't)
    But look at the standard.
    How many times to you walk into any business and see 20 guys open carry.............hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm none for me.
    So, the example here was, 20 guys open carry and spook the public (that don't know better) and then push back with the cops.......what an evening.
    I am for open carry, I am not for this example:twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's hearsay and the reason why I didn't address it. Knowing how the people on the internet like to embelish their stories, that part may have just been added to sensationalize the narrative.
    Got it. I think they should send letters too commending the police. :yesway:

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Actually, deception is merely a tool.
    War is about inflicting enough violence on the opponent, to remove his ability to inflict violence.

Or..
    "War is fighting. And fighting means killing"

Exactly. deception is a tool. An overt demonstration of power is also a tool, and very effective. This is why in days gone by, kings would leave dead bodies outside the city walls to rot......to scare off potential invaders. It is also why militaries perform maneuvers.

i don't want to hijack the thread with this, it just bugged me when I read it.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Yea, I am not for the Cop's VS> title. I don't think (ever, being a hard azz with the cops is smart, they aren't bad guys.)
    Likely the only reason they where there is because someone didn't know that open carry was OK, (most don't know, and yes, some cops don't know) some think you must conceal in Indiana (and you don't)
    How many times to you walk into any business and see 20 guys open carry.............hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm none for me.
    So, the example here was, 20 guys open carry and spook the public (that don't know better) and then push back with the cops.......what an evening.

I don't much care for the title of the video either. I don't, however, agree that the customers "pushed" back. Perhaps I missed something?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

1. You have obviously never been to an INGO Meet n Eat where 20 or MORE people OC without incident
    2. If the Cop didnt know if it was legal or not, they should have called in to have the law checked
    3. MOST Cops aren't bad guys. (Google Officer Daniel Harless)
    4. By your logic Rosa Parks should have just shut up rather than standing up for what she believed in
    5. If you have to add a "but" to the end of "I am for OC", then you really aren't

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1. You have obviously never been to an INGO Meet n Eat where 20 or MORE people OC without incident
    2. If the Cop didnt know if it was legal or not, they should have called in to have the law checked
    3. MOST Cops aren't bad guys. (Google Officer Daniel Harless)
    4. By your logic Rosa Parks should have just shut up rather than standing up for what she believed in
    5. If you have to add a "but" to the end of "I am for OC", then you really aren't
    Ummm, don't really know about that one.... if applied universally, of course.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ummm, don't really know about that one.... if applied universally, of course.

What would the procedure be for you in a similar instance? Obviously we know that YOU know local gun laws, but if you ran into a situation that you were not sure of regarding other laws, what would you do?

Besides proning the perp face first on the ground, Jack Boot on their neck, of course..

:D

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    I wonder if someone could clarify in legaleez for me.

Its been said that LE can verify the LTCH, and once verified, thats it.

What Im wondering is, how does the officer know its YOUR LTCH? While they do have some descriptors, they arent picture Ids.
    Would it be wise to then NOT verify it is in fact yours with your ID?
    I guess my thinking is, one possibility is that say someone is OCing, and is asked about doing so, maybe to verify a LTCH, maybe someone else caused an issue and they are checking up on it....whatever the reason, assume its valid.
    Now how do you confirm its actually YOU on the LTCH?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    IMHO the kids weren't that bad, they were just right next to the recorder. If the video camera was on the other end of the table not only would you have heard the police conversations but you likely would have heard little to nothing from the children.

The microphone on that camera, apparently, isn't very good.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What Im wondering is, how does the officer know its YOUR LTCH? While they do have some descriptors, they arent picture Ids.
    As of now, if you refuse to ID there is nothing more that they can do. If they don't think it's you, unless you give them probable cause they can't do anything about it. They can bug/badger/annoy you but that's about it.

Would it be wise to then NOT verify it is in fact yours with your ID?
    You can if you want to there is no law saying you can't but there is also no law saying that you must.

I guess my thinking is, one possibility is that say someone is OCing, and is asked about doing so, maybe to verify a LTCH, maybe someone else caused an issue and they are checking up on it....whatever the reason, assume its valid.
    This doesn't make much sense ... can you perhaps ... try again? Maybe I'm not understanding...

Now how do you confirm its actually YOU on the LTCH?
    Why bother? You don't have to.

Top Bottom