• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    have you seen the same retarded people that i have that go to the 1500? im suprised some of them even know the right direction to point the barrel, and in some of their cases that might not be a bad thing :D

the only ones i want with a loaded gun in their holster is the cops WORKING the show or in uniform as the rules say.

RETARDED???? Surely of all people your not making fun of a fellow gun owner are you? :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I do not like nor support the policy at the 1500 of emptying and zip-tying firearms on entry. I absolutely do not support anywhere the idea that only police should be armed. As has been said, dealers can and do enter and anyone could walk in with an undeclared firearm and, knowing no one else is expected to be ready to respond, could cut loose and start mowing people down. If that person is as far from the entry as possible, he could expect, depending on what he's carrying, to take out quite a few before officers could respond or anyone else could get their forbidden-to-be-loaded mags out of their pockets, cut their zip ties, load and fire back.

All that said, though, I do follow most of those rules, because I like going to the show and it is their right to make whatever rules they see fit within the law. If they're that intrusive to me, I don't have to go, or I can risk being kicked out if I choose to disregard them and get caught.

A good sharp knife can be drawn to slice through a zip tie in seconds, BTW.

Just sayin'... ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    the officers that are there are more than capable to protect you if needed.

I have heard this before. Oh yeah, the people in Bloomington who want to ban guns! They have signs that say "The police are more than capable of protecting us."

I will follow the rules, but it just seems hypocritical for everyone who attends the show and those on this site to criticize those who support banning guns, but then allow "our own" to subject us to worse treatment.

I think Walmart, Cosco and Kroger should start the same procedure. I'm sure their guards and police patrolling the general area are more than capable of protecting us. I don't know you, but I'm kind of surprised to hear that from a Ranger. :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    sorry but on the street in a store or anywhere else its totaly different in my opinion. because sometimes we may need protected from the police, and in general i dont have faith in the police to protect us. but in the show im just saying unloaded, im not saying no full mag in your pocket. you can cut the tie off your gun as soon as they put it on, thats what i'd do, i never put a tie on my personal gun as a dealer, nor would i let an orange one stay on as a customer. it would take me under 5 seconds to have my gun loaded in the show if i needed it, and if someone starts blasting it will take at least 5 seconds for anyone to get a clean shot anyways with all the people running around and stuff. im not saying no guns, im just saying no loaded guns.

if someone wants to kill people, they WILL succeed, i dont care if you are standing right next to the guy with a loaded pistol in your holster, the guy who starts shooting first, or has his gun out first ALWAYS has the upper hand, no matter how much of a BAD ACE shooter you are. thats just statistical fact.

people can say that having a loaded gun would make a difference all they want but i call BS in that situation.

plus in that tight of a crowd youd have more people killed by the hundreds of cowboys shooting back than youd have by the original bad guy shooting.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    plus in that tight of a crowd youd have more people killed by the hundreds of cowboys shooting back than youd have by the original bad guy shooting.

Ranger, that is the same argument that proponents for gun control use. They say, people with guns only make the situation worse. Now, imagine if one round goes off and everybody goes for their Gerber, locks and loads...we have the same situation, right?

It's no big deal. I will be at the 1500 with my garbage bag tie on my gun, just like everybody else. I don't have a knife, so I will visit Cubby first and make sure I'm ready.

BTW, can't wait to meet you sometime.

AIRBORNE!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ranger, that is the same argument that proponents for gun control use. They say, people with guns only make the situation worse. Now, imagine if one round goes off and everybody goes for their Gerber, locks and loads...we have the same situation, right?

It's no big deal. I will be at the 1500 with my garbage bag tie on my gun, just like everybody else. I don't have a knife, so I will visit Cubby first and make sure I'm ready.

BTW, can't wait to meet you sometime.

AIRBORNE!

sometimes too many SHOOTERS can make a situation worse, guns never do. Im deffinately not for gun control, im a for true freedom as our founders intended.

i cant wait to meet you too. we dont live that far from each other either so maybe we can go shooting sometime or meet and go shopping at Bradis. Im always up for a trip to bradis to keep my wallet thin :D

"SINE PARI" My Brother

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I haven't been to the last couple 1500's due to other commitments, won't be at this one either. However, the last few I attended - CONCEALED means CONCEALED. Just don't be farting around with the dang thing while you're in there.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    sorry but on the street in a store or anywhere else its totaly different in my opinion. because sometimes we may need protected from the police, and in general i dont have faith in the police to protect us. but in the show im just saying unloaded, im not saying no full mag in your pocket. you can cut the tie off your gun as soon as they put it on, thats what i'd do, i never put a tie on my personal gun as a dealer, nor would i let an orange one stay on as a customer. it would take me under 5 seconds to have my gun loaded in the show if i needed it, and if someone starts blasting it will take at least 5 seconds for anyone to get a clean shot anyways with all the people running around and stuff. im not saying no guns, im just saying no loaded guns.

if someone wants to kill people, they WILL succeed, i dont care if you are standing right next to the guy with a loaded pistol in your holster, the guy who starts shooting first, or has his gun out first ALWAYS has the upper hand, no matter how much of a BAD ACE shooter you are. thats just statistical fact.

people can say that having a loaded gun would make a difference all they want but i call BS in that situation.

I wonder how many times someone could stab another person in 5 seconds? Actually, I don't wonder, I know.

Seriously, a gun show can make whatever rules they want, but all these justifications by otherwise resonable folks is really mind blowing. Sounds a lot like the reasoning that Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer use.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    they did the same things in Virginia's gun shows. Used to it. But they took your mags and gave you a ticket to reclaim them sooooo....

If people were buying ammo at the show, did they put it in some kind of secure bag? Or, did you make you pick it up as you walked out the door?

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    E5RANGER, you have my respect and my thanks for your service.

I do, however, disagree with the notion that the police at the 1500 are there for our protection while attending the show.
    I respect their profession and commitment to provide some security at the shows and have no problem letting them tag my pistol when I attend.
    They would no more be able to 'protect' me than they would on any other day on patrol.
    Police are paid to enforce the law, not prevent crime.
    I will not rely on them to protect my family whether or not I'm at the 1500.
    That's my job, and my job alone.

I don't mind the rule about no loaded guns at the show for one reason:
    All the other careless and obnoxious people that are also at the show with me.
    Inside the 1500 may be the last place I'd expect my life to be threatened, but it's probably the first place I would expect to be at risk from a ND due to some careless slob jamming his loaded gun into a new holster.
    I can't count the number of times I've had a firearm pointed at my face while walking around there.
    No way do I want to risk having that happen with a loaded gun.

I would definitely like to see a couple barrels of sand at the entrance though.

Top Bottom