• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    The last time I went, the officer asked me if I had any loaded magazines.

If you're really terrified of being attacked and the thought of taking all the bullets out of the mag during your visit - take an empty mag with you - swap them out right outside the door. Put the full mag in your pocket, and the empty in the gun and hand it to the officer. He probably won't ask.

I'm not a big fan of the situation. I completely understand unloading to go in. I don't want a bunch of people screwing around with a loaded firearm, checking out holsters, etc. X2 that many of them are unfamiliar with firearms all together. I also don't like people fiddling with them outside. But, hey - I'm doing the same thing.

load your gun +1 and don't screw with it unless you're pulling the trigger or cleaning it. JMO

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Just take the magazine out, and put it in any pocket, slide to the rear and hand the gun to the officer, he will put a cable tie in the barrel and out the ejection port, and hand it back to you. Its the ones who dont unload their guns before handing them over, or try a clearence drill right there at the table that gets the boys in blue a little edgy, i been going to local shows since 1992, and have never had a problem with any of them. See ya all there tonight (Fri) 4:30-6:30.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I always unload on the way in the door. Bullet in the pocket, mag in the pocket, empty handgun in the holster. They have never made me empty the magazine yet.

:yesway: I've never been asked to unload my mag, it's in my pocket and when I remove it from my holster I lock the slide back before handing it to them.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Almost every dealer there is carrying. If something goes down my plan is to hit the floor and let them deal with it.
    If this is true, not sure I understand that. Are dealers not covered under the same rules as attendees? They're trying to keep all loaded firearms out, not just the "general public" right?

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Exhibitors receive exhibitor badges and can enter/exit through the side doors. I do not know about the actual rules governing their carry of loaded weapons in the building but I could see them being able to carry concealed without anyone knowing.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    When I was sitting up at gunshows, none of them allowed loaded guns in the building. Not even for exhibitors. I set up at the 1500 twice and the rules was the same as the rest. No loaded guns in the building.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Last TWO times I've been, the "nice" gentleman made me empty my mag in front of him. I must look like a thug or something! That, or I have "Liberal" written on my forehead. :D
    last one i went to i had to but i just loaded it back up as i walked away just couldn't stand all those loose rounds in my pocket they guy behind me that went to the same officer as me didn't have to unload his mag so why should i have to

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i have always emptied my gun at the door and mag in the back pocket and last time was the first time i had ever been asked to unload the mag, it just depends which leo you go to and their personal preference, one dealer had the nerve to tell me that no live rounds were allowed in the building?? but yet he was selling ammo:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom