• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I am going to my first 1500 Saturday. I have lived in Indiana less than a year and am not familar with Indy. I have a few general questions as I hate to assume. First - is the fairgrounds in the town of Speedway - concerned about CCW. Secondly, if I can carry, does the weapon have to be unloaded inside the show. i do not want to leave it in my car, but don't carry unloaded either.Thirdly, any recommendations for where to pick up some high quality magazines for my Kimber.

Thanks

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I am going to my first 1500 Saturday. I have lived in Indiana less than a year and am not familar with Indy. I have a few general questions as I hate to assume. First - is the fairgrounds in the town of Speedway - concerned about CCW. Secondly, if I can carry, does the weapon have to be unloaded inside the show. i do not want to leave it in my car, but don't carry unloaded either.Thirdly, any recommendations for where to pick up some high quality magazines for my Kimber.

Thanks
    The fairgrounds are in Indianapolis. East 38th street. You can carry if you have a permit, but it will have to be unloaded at the front door and security will secure the firearm with a cable tie. And re: the magazines, the only dealer I found at the last one with KimPro mags wanted a fortune. I ordered a bunch from Midway for like $21 a piece.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Answers:

First - is the fairgrounds in the town of Speedway - concerned about CCW.

The 1500 is at the Indiana State Fairgrounds on the near NE side of Indianapolis.

Secondly, if I can carry, does the weapon have to be unloaded inside the show.

Yes.

Thirdly, any recommendations for where to pick up some high quality magazines for my Kimber.

Can't give you a recommendation as to where, but as far as high quality, look for Kimber OEM, Chip McCormick PowerMags, Wilson Combat, or Tripp Research CobraMags.

HTH!

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Just alittle advise. Make sure the gun is empty before you go inside. If not you will probally get an ear full from the office securing it.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    The fairgrounds on are E. 38th st at the corner of Fallcreek Parkway. My suggestion is to never try to get in the East entrance if you are coming north on Fallcreek. This is because the light does not have a left turn arrow.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    You'll want to be carrying when traveling through the surrounding neighborhood... The first one I went to, my LTCH was still being processed so I couldn't carry, and I sold a few long guns there. I was therefore gunless for my trek back and was a little worried because I had a LARGE sum of cash on me... I made sure I stuck with a random group of friendly looking, gun toting people for the walk back to my truck.

Last edited:

a1gunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    What's it cost to get in?

Too much!!! $10.00 unless you have a $1.00 off coupon (sign up inside - they'll mail you one for the next show). $3.00 to park at the fairgrounds...

Proud Father of a United States Airman
    NRA Patron Life Member

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I always unload on the way in the door. Bullet in the pocket, mag in the pocket, empty handgun in the holster. They have never made me empty the magazine yet.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Along the 1500 line - what sort of selection of reloading equipment and supplies(primers, powder etc.) can I expect?
    Usually there is one supplier of reloading supplys,just as you enter the hall look to your left. There should be a display of lee equip. Off to your left in side hall towards the back is a guy from mich. who sells once fired brass and primers.Otherwise you will have to scrounge around. Check prices of equipt at cabelas and midway to compare.see ya there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom