• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Streamlights I've had always seemed to burn through those batteries..

I've heard people recommend Batteries + if you have one in your area... :dunno:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got a good deal on a bulk special at LAPG last year around Christmas. I'll have enough for another year at the rate I've gone through them.

OOps, re-read your OP. I can't comment on which ones last the longest. Mine are Surfire.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Any name-brand (Panasonic, Duracell, Streamlight, Surefire, etc) 123s should work just fine. Avoid the uber-cheap imports you can get on Ebay and such.

I had some Battery Station 123s awhile back... they came very highly rated by the folks on CPF (CandlePower Forums), and while they worked well, they didn't seem to last as long as other brands. By the time I got around to using the last of the batch, they had gone dead just sitting in the drawer.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I have used Energizer from Amazon with much satisfaction. I have also seen that there are some rechargeable ones sold there as well. I haven't tried the rechargeable ones yet because they have all been an off brand. In my experience with using batteries the off brands can be hit or miss, even with the same line of batteries. I really wish that Energizer or Duracell would produce a rechargeable version.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I use these. I really don't know how you guys afford to use the CR123's.:dunno:

17500 17670 Series Lithium Ion Rechargeable Batteries

theshorelinemarket_2241_2086941054

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I run Surefire batteries exclusively, never had a problem and they're priced right if you buy in sufficient quantities.

CallMaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    PNW
    I have always used Surefire. But I would suppose any NAME brand would serve as well.

Speaking of which I should stock up. I hear that Santa may bring me another flashlight toy:)

Ed

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    Batteryjunction.com has their Titanium brand (house brand) @ $1 per cell & cheaper if you buy in bulk. I've been using these for years and haven't had any issues with them. They are/were tested to be the best for the $ at CPF. Haven't checked lately to see if there are better batts now. If your light holds 2x cr123s, you may be able to run 1 18650 (rechargeable) in their place.

Top Bottom