• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My first choice would be a S&W Model 41. IMO, the finest 22 pistol ever made.

Second would be a genuine Colt SAA in a real cowboy caliber like 44-40.

The Python suggested earlier would be a good one too, I think.

For AK: I think Mitchell's Mausers has the best K98's on the market.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    or ..... get you a basic AR, like a Rock River, and then file your SBR paperwork. so you will have enough money with 1K to buy the rifle and pay the $200 tax.

it will be yours forever (unless you transfer it), then with your own $$ you can pay another stamp and get a suppressor. it will be a downward spiral for your money from there till the day you die, LMAO. but you will have a lot of cool toys

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Two of my other lust guns:

Smith & Wesson 686SSR, S&W Model 17. Heck, thinking about it I think I want either of these more than the Para. You should buy one, and tell us all about it :D

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was looking on mitchells at Mausers and thought that was the way to go but then I read some real bad reviews on another gun forum.

My first choice would be a S&W Model 41. IMO, the finest 22 pistol ever made.

Second would be a genuine Colt SAA in a real cowboy caliber like 44-40.

The Python suggested earlier would be a good one too, I think.

For AK: I think Mitchell's Mausers has the best K98's on the market.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm not sure why they would get a bad review. Mine is exactly as promised. There just are not a lot of sources for K98 Mausers anymore as far as I know. Pretty amazing when you think of all the millions that were built.

My first hunting rifle was a K98 that I bought by mail order when I was 14. I think I paid $15 for it plus shipping. That was 1965. It was a LOT rougher than my Mitchell.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    or ..... get you a basic AR, like a Rock River, and then file your SBR paperwork. so you will have enough money with 1K to buy the rifle and pay the $200 tax.

it will be yours forever (unless you transfer it), then with your own $$ you can pay another stamp and get a suppressor. it will be a downward spiral for your money from there till the day you die, LMAO. but you will have a lot of cool toys
    Great idea.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    All depends on what you already own, and what kind of shooting you are into. Hunting, target, comp etc. I think everyone should have a good HD shotgun. A good center fire rifle, rather it it's a scoped bolt action. Or a semi like an AK/AR style rifle. Also a good remfire .22LR/.22MWR. There are so many to choose from. Take the time, and fondle as many as you can. That should help you decide, what you really want. Happy hunting.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    If your looking for WWII, then how about a M1 Garand or 30 cal. carbine. a Springfield M1-A would be my choice of the military rifles.

If you want a Mauser, then wait for the next gun show in your area. There's usually an abundance of them at shows and many can be found for a good price with plenty of 8mm ammo. That way you can see what you are buying.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So was your K98 a WWII with the right original markings as promised matching numbers and all? And was the stock refinished and do you know if it was reblued or original? Thanks for you help everyone! I think I've got it down to a Mauser K98 or Colt 1911!
    I'm not sure why they would get a bad review. Mine is exactly as promised. There just are not a lot of sources for K98 Mausers anymore as far as I know. Pretty amazing when you think of all the millions that were built.

My first hunting rifle was a K98 that I bought by mail order when I was 14. I think I paid $15 for it plus shipping. That was 1965. It was a LOT rougher than my Mitchell.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The next Indy 1500 is June 4-6 Im going to be there as a vender helping out with the Chard Reid for Congress table. I was planning on looking around there but I think your completely right, I always like to handle a firearm before buying it, but the Mitchell mausers look pretty nice and I know what mausers generally feel like. But if I get one I would like it to be with an original scope and I haven't held any of those yet.

If your looking for WWII, then how about a M1 Garand or 30 cal. carbine. a Springfield M1-A would be my choice of the military rifles.

If you want a Mauser, then wait for the next gun show in your area. There's usually an abundance of them at shows and many can be found for a good price with plenty of 8mm ammo. That way you can see what you are buying.

Top Bottom