• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So a family member just told me as a graduation present ive got around grand to get any gun i want. So if you were in my position what would you get? I know its vague, just looking for some thought.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    So much depends on what you already own. A few things come to mind...

A decent AR
    A well set up Savage FP10 in .308
    A handgun of choice with ammo and mags if required
    A suppressed 10/22 (my personal #1 choice)

This 10/22 would come in at about a grand including tax stamp...from Thompson Machine...

tm229.jpg

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do you have a basic battery of guns already that includes a centerfire rifle, quality shotgun, defensive handgun and a well set-up .22? If not, I would look to the area you are deficient in. If you already have all those bases covered I would be thinking BBQ gun. For me that would be a HiPower or 1911. 451_Detonics has some spot on suggestions as well.

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    If it was me I'd be looking for two guns.

The first would be a Remington 870 12 gage for home defense. I'd take an Express or an old Wingmaster and build an HD gun over time. I'd think 250 bucks would get you something to start with.

The second purchase would be a good 1911 .45 ACP pistol. You're left with 750 to buy a decent 1911. I'd look for a nice Kimber or Springfield 1911 pistol. I don't have any personal experience with Kimbers but I just picked up a 1911 Springfield from a board member. After getting a trigger job done on it, it came right into it. I think you'd be good with either brands.

If you're looking for a single gun for 1000, there really isn't a great solution in my mind. A good AR is a possibility or a new Kimber/Springfield is another option.

Good luck with your decision.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    After having bought a 4" barrel Colt Python - I'd buy another one. I'm going to get a 6" next time. Not because I don't like the 4" but because I want a 6".

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Do you have a basic battery of guns already that includes a centerfire rifle, quality shotgun, defensive handgun and a well set-up .22? If not, I would look to the area you are deficient in. If you already have all those bases covered I would be thinking BBQ gun. For me that would be a HiPower or 1911. 451_Detonics has some spot on suggestions as well.

Good suggestions for a basic collection. For a graduation present I would "BBQ Gun" as well. Well, at least something to keep and remember my graduation. Evil black rifles and glocks/XDs just don't cut it for this type of situation. I own my share but they lack character. I am thinking something with wood. Maybe a nice Browning or Berretta shotgun, Kimber 1911, Smith Revolver, Browning HiPower, the list could just go on. Don't get me wrong I like my AR & Glock but I treasure my Red Label.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ive already got th basics ak, browning shotgun, sks, Winchester model 100, mosin, bersa 380, beretta 96, couple 22 rifles and pistols. I was looking at WWII Mauser anybody know a good place to get one?

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was thinking the same thing maybe a nice colt 1911 with some engraving, I actually saw two in the firearms section.

Good suggestions for a basic collection. For a graduation present I would "BBQ Gun" as well. Well, at least something to keep and remember my graduation. Evil black rifles and glocks/XDs just don't cut it for this type of situation. I own my share but they lack character. I am thinking something with wood. Maybe a nice Browning or Berretta shotgun, Kimber 1911, Smith Revolver, Browning HiPower, the list could just go on. Don't get me wrong I like my AR & Glock but I treasure my Red Label.

Top Bottom