• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    And its 10 posts, not threads.

Personally I'm all for bumping it to at least 50 quality posts, it'll prevent people from just jumping on and using the for sale forum as a quick tool and require them to post so people can get more of a feel about them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    its pretty easy, just go say hi to TEN people.... welcome!

Robert, PLEASE STOP telling people to do that. Its a direct violation of the rule, as "Welcome!" doesn't constitute a quality post. Plus, how is a newbie going to "welcome" people here when they just got here themselves??

TAS - DO NOT DO THIS.

Blhutt2k9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I understand why you do the 10 post thing and have no problem with that.
    I am am a member on several forums that also have classifieds and they do not have this same rule.
    Maybe they should have this rule also! I personally do not use this or other forums for posting to the classifieds.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i dont see how anyone could have a problem finding 10 things to make a quality post on. what would it take 10-15 minutes to make 10 posts if you commented on everything you wanted.

im all for making the classifieds a site supporter/advertiser function. just my opinion but i think if you do sell things in the classifieds it is just good manners to spend the 10 dollars to help the site run. ive even sold stuff on here and siad i would take 10 dollars off the price for site supporters or take it off if you went ahead and sent ingo the money order. odly enough the guy i sold to didn't take the 10 dollar discount.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are plenty of people who come in with no interest in the site whatsoever. Their only interest is to jump in, grab the good deal they saw, and then leave. That's just not what INGO is about.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    i dont see how anyone could have a problem finding 10 things to make a quality post on. what would it take 10-15 minutes to make 10 posts if you commented on everything you wanted.

im all for making the classifieds a site supporter/advertiser function. just my opinion but i think if you do thinks sell in the classifieds it is just good manners to spend the 10 dollars to help the site run. ive even sold stuff on here and siad i would take 10 dollars off the price for site supporters or take it off if you went ahead and sent ingo the money order. odly enough the guy i sold to didn't take the 10 dollar discount.

True that!!!! :rockwoot: :patriot:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have to be honest though i came to this site strictly for the classifieds. i never had joined any forums, and had no desire to sit at a computer and type and talk to people ive never met. i just wanted to sell a gun and go, but then i realized how awsome this site is and now you folks cant get rid of me. i guess the whole issue is a catch 22 because im sure im not the first person to come here for the classifieds and stick around because its awsome. but i did pony up the 10 dollars right away.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    ROFL, I don't think I've read ten "quality" posts since I've been here :lmfao:

Aw. :( This makes me sad. :(
    The FAQ is awesome, the Tactics & Training forum is insightful, the NFA forum is a wealth of information, I could go on and on...

Stop reading in the Politics and Break Room forums, and you'll do alright. ;)

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Is there a way to limit the number of threads one could start in a certain forum, the classifieds for example? If you only came here to meet the 10 post rule and then use the classifieds like gunbroker or something, it bothers me a little. Or have people pay 20 dollars or something to get to sell more than like 5 a year (start more than 5 threads.)

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Is there a way to limit the number of threads one could start in a certain forum, the classifieds for example? If you only came here to meet the 10 post rule and then use the classifieds like gunbroker or something, it bothers me a little. Or have people pay 20 dollars or something to get to sell more than like 5 a year (start more than 5 threads.)

classifieds don't count.

Top Bottom